Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My First Chemical Pregnancy

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 6:18 AM
  • 14 Replies

Ok, so my DH and I have been ttc since September last year.  Our countless failed attempts at natural "letting it happen" led us to go to the Dr in March.  (Background info:  I have two children from previous relationships--no problem conceiving.  I was diagnosed with PCOS in 2008.)  According to my bloodwork in March I was not ovulating.  So...began Clomid in June.  First two cycles were 50mg of Clomid on days 5-9.  I had a period July 13 so no baby.   Started 2nd cycle of Clomid on day 5 and completed by day 9.  I had obvious signs of my body getting ready to ovulate around the 25th of July.  I had the watery CM and very increased libido that I had not been getting in the previous months.  I jumped at the chance to create some passion in the bedroom.  =)  I did not make it about getting pregnant, and we had a very romantic and fulfilling night.  

Now...here's the other half of the story:  I get up on Friday morning, August 12, feeling a little sluggish and my boobs hurt.  Ok, I check the calendar.  I should be getting a visit from AF on or about this time.  I dismiss my symptoms and carry on with my day.  Saturday morning, same thing except more tender and cannot stand having a bra on.  I had to go to the bathroom constantly.  I smelled stuff.  I was starting to get hopeful.  I decided to shrug it off and wait.  Sunday my boobs hurt and hurt.  I also felt queasy.  I was still going to the bathroom like every hour or so.  I never do that!  I could not stand to wait any longer.  I took a HPT at 6:30pm on the 14th.  Within in just seconds I noticed something--"OMG is that a 2nd pink line!?!?!"  I started trembling.  I could not believe what I was seeing.  

I had my husband come look and he said, "What is this?  Are you serious?"  We were elated and felt so blessed to know that we can get pregnant afterall!  

Well the next morning (Monday 15th) I took another test just to see if the line got even darker.  The test was a very faint 2nd line.  This disappointed me but didn't deter me.  I was already planning on going to a clinic to be sure.  They did their test and indeed it showed a faint 2nd line.  The nurse noted I was pregnant and gave me an estimated due date of April 18.  I felt assured now that I would be holding my precious baby in 9 months.

Well, I woke up yesterday feeling somewhat normal.  My boobs were not hurting and my queasy feeling was gone.  I took another test with my FMU.  Guess what?  BFN.  No faint 2nd line.  I thought maybe I was losing my mind.  I ignored it and decided to try again this morning, Wednesday the 17th.  I do not feel pregnant at all now.  I took one more test with my FMU and again BFN.  I am not pregnant.  It was a chemical pregnancy...I am sure of it now.  

I have never had a m/c.  I have never known a chemical pregnancy.  I have never taken a HPT and gotten a BFP and then a couple days later a BFN.  I am at a loss for words.  My DH does not know.  I don't have the heart to tell him yet.  He was so excited and ready for a baby.  He will be even more let down than I am.  I cried when he left for work at 4am...I have to grieve before I tell him.  He and I have wanted a baby so badly.  He is 12 years older and has two grown daughters.  He really wants to have another child.  I want one more.  

I hope and pray that this is just a preparation for a baby to be.  I hope that knowing we can get pregnant will increase our faith and our chances of a healthy happy baby next time...and hopefully next time will be soon!  Please pray for us.  I am very heartbroken right now.  

by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 6:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jenniferw10
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 6:57 AM
I'm so sorry to hear. ((hugs)) I wish you lots of luck and baby dust.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
szimona
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 7:09 AM

Im sorry, i send you a lot of positive vibes! Praying for your bfp!!!x

leandrat
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 7:53 AM
I'm so very sorry mama if you need to talk to ANYONE in private I'm here I've been through 10 losses I know that pain and am here for you big big hugs!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bbygirl87
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 12:31 PM

I am so sorry!! Its horrible to go through this :(.. good luck and I hope U get ur BFP next cycle!! lots of baby dust :)

sissy852
by Silver Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 12:36 PM

i am praying for you guys

Halfpint01
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 12:57 PM

Prayers and good thoughts being sent your way!

Lilypie Trying to Conceive 21 to 37 day cycle tickers
truelyred2
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 1:03 PM

It is not for sure a chemical until you start bleeding. Here is for a ray of hope.

I am 40 and have been trying for my 4th df's 1st since Nov 2009 with a mc due to blighted ovum in Dec 2010. I started clomid in Feb, 4 cycles later I got bfp. I am now 17w1d. Don't give up hope yet hon!

On another side note, has your df been tested? Secondary infertility alos happens to men.

MyraPhillips
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 9:19 AM

Sadly, Yes...I started severe bleeding and cramping...TMI but passed alot of tissue and clots.  Dr. confirmed I had an early m/c.  Thank you for the encouraging words, though!  I am resting and doing alot of prayer today...just really allowing the grieving process to help heal me emotionally.  My DH was here when I started the really worst part of the cramping.  Almost had to go to ER but managed to tough it out on my own with his support and comfort.  I would have been 5w yesterday.  =(

Going to keep my head up and keep trying.  (DH was checked and he is ok...it's just me.)

Quoting truelyred2:

It is not for sure a chemical until you start bleeding. Here is for a ray of hope.

I am 40 and have been trying for my 4th df's 1st since Nov 2009 with a mc due to blighted ovum in Dec 2010. I started clomid in Feb, 4 cycles later I got bfp. I am now 17w1d. Don't give up hope yet hon!

On another side note, has your df been tested? Secondary infertility alos happens to men.

Myra Phillips

Psalm 106:1  "Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good!  His faithful love endures forever."

MyraPhillips
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 9:40 AM

I thank you all for your thoughtful comments and prayers!  May we all have tons of baby dust showered upon us!  God bless!!!

mommymary6507
by Ruby Member on Aug. 18, 2011 at 9:49 AM

*hugs* Please make sure via blood test. If really a chemical you should start bleeding soon. Don't give up!! I had a blighted ovum, then a chemical, and now pregnant with a healthy little baby, due in Feb :) Time will heal. I will say the chemical was a lot less heart breaking then my blighted ovum was. But none the less heartbreaking all the same. Praying you are soon blessed with a precious baby!

Lilypie - (OgSJ)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)