• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

RE appt!

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:10 AM
  • 8 Replies
I got a phone call that a cancellation had occurred and my RE can see us tomorrow instead of Nov 16th!!!!

So excited!! :))

Any info on what the first visit may entail? DH has had SAs, been on clomid,etc. I have had bloodwork, been on Clomid (unmonitored), and O on my own. We are ready for Iui most likely.

Thanks wonderful ladies!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
corrinacs
by Ruby Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:36 AM

That's fantastic!  I am so glad that things can move a bit faster for you!  Not until November, that's crazy!

But in any case, I hope ti all goes well.  The first RE appiontment is primarily consultation, so the doctor will ask you a ton of questions.  Jut make sure you have a good account of what you've done so far.  Also, if you've had anything done with your OB lately, any testing, just bring the records with you.  The less they have to do the better on you :)

Good luck!

LMoseley
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:40 AM
Thanks tons for the input! I had my ob fax over records, but I plan to bring what I have also!

We are paying 100% out of pocket so we are going to try and not "double-do".

Have you been through iui before?

Quoting corrinacs:

That's fantastic!  I am so glad that things can move a bit faster for you!  Not until November, that's crazy!

But in any case, I hope ti all goes well.  The first RE appiontment is primarily consultation, so the doctor will ask you a ton of questions.  Jut make sure you have a good account of what you've done so far.  Also, if you've had anything done with your OB lately, any testing, just bring the records with you.  The less they have to do the better on you :)

Good luck!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
73angel
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:10 AM

BUMP!

bellaambru90
by on Aug. 21, 2011 at 9:22 PM

UPDATE?

LMoseley
by on Aug. 21, 2011 at 10:53 PM
Here was/is my update

Let me begin by saying WOW. This was one of the most uplifting experiences of my TTC journey. The Dr. was so nice, helpful, and caring.

We go to our appt about 30 minutes prior (it takes almost 2 hours to drive there so we wanted to allow sufficient time for traffic). We turned in our 10page packet of information and sat to wait. Our appt was at 1:00pm and we were seen promptly at our scheduled appt time!

We were walked to his office and met Dr. Harper. He began going over the regular details of "What makes a baby" and making sure we understand the need to diagnotics to get a prognosis and then treatment plan.

He took note of our entire packet of paperwork and ask many, many questions about our history. He then proceeded to say that we are in our "prime reproductive years" (DH 30 and Me 24). He said that there is nothing to indicate that I do not ovulate perfectly based on OPK, BBT, and regular cycles. He said DHs analysis is certainly nothing to be of great concern. He said that after 12 months of ttc your % of conception goes to ab 3-4% /month. He decided that IUI was the perfect step for us. He said you want to take the most "low tech" approach with the smallest risk, but that has the greatest probability for a positive outcome (pregnancy).  There is much more, but I will quit rambling. : )  We talked for about 45minutes-1hour. HE then ask if we had any questions. My husband immediately goes with "WE CAN WE START!?" Dr. Harper said well looking at your cycle you could be pregnant now (of course that makes me grin a little on the inside).  He said that it has happened multiple times that women are pregnant at their consult.

He said we could jump right to IUI #1 next cycle! Normally he likes to do baseline bloodwork/Ultrasound on Cd 1-5. I am going to be out of town during that time. He said I can come next week, which will be like CD 27-29, and have my appointment then. He said this will act as my baseline appointment. He said he understood life happens, we work jobs, there is a commute, etc. He said his job is to make this as least stressful as possible.  WOW, I think I just love this man! (  Kidding! ; )    )

After this wonderful appt my husband and I spent the whole afternoon wandering around a nice little outdoor mall and had lunch.

This is my story so far... from this day on I am going to keep a "Our Journey to Baby" diary. I think it will mean the world to me once we have our bundle of joy. Also, I want my child to be able to read it one day and see how much he/she meant to us before they were even concieved.

If you made it this far... thanks for reading my book!!!! :))))
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Traci1979
by Silver Member on Aug. 22, 2011 at 4:56 AM
So happy for you, I hope that everything works out for you and your hubby.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LMoseley
by on Aug. 22, 2011 at 7:32 AM
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tinabee88
by on Aug. 28, 2011 at 2:04 PM

Sounds like a good appointment. Hope it all works out and you get your BFP.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)