Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

anyone take provera?

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:43 AM
  • 8 Replies
I'm on cd 33 and no sign of af still testing bfn so I'm going for blood hcg today before I start provera. Has anyone taken it? I need to start so I can start my next cycle of clomid. Does it have any side effects? How much is it?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
KaitlinC87
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:57 AM

I have taken provera when I was on 50mg of clomid and didn't ovulate and it only cost me like $5 and I didn't get any side effects because I took it before bedtime. I have heard it can make you feel nauseous and really tired so I tooke it then to avoid those effects.

Kelly_Joy11
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:58 AM
We can be Provera buddies! Haha. I start mine today!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
leandrat
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:24 AM
I've taken it they didn't do a hcg and I ended up being prego with ds thank god it didn't affect him one bit but when I didn't start the next month they brought me back and blam there he was on the ultrasound waving at me lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
corrinacs
by Ruby Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:41 AM

Hey,
I ahve taken Prometrium, which is a lesser version of it.  It elevates your progesterone levels so that when it tapers off, you start your period and your cycles start all over again (hopefully).

Good luck and I hope that does the trick! 

73angel
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:49 AM

Sorry I have never used it.

c_mckinney_17
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:15 AM
Are you going to be taking clomid too? I guess I will start it today is my tests are negative, I'm at the lab now getting a quantitative and qualitative hcg stat. So I should have results today

Quoting Kelly_Joy11:

We can be Provera buddies! Haha. I start mine today!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kelly_Joy11
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 4:49 PM
I'm not doing clomid yet this cycle. I have to take the Provera and then go see my doctor again on September 7 and go from there.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
c_mckinney_17
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 5:54 PM
My test was negative so I can either take provera starting tomorrow or try parsley tea. I'm already cramping bad and I've used parsley tea before, it took about 3 days to work. The nurse said with provera it could take up to two weeks. So I'm not sure which one to do
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)