Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Getting worried...LOW BBT and no Ovulation

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:44 AM
  • 7 Replies

I usually have pretty regular cycles...29-30 days with a 14 day LP but had some major stress around O time and now I'm still waiting...That part I understand. But what is going on with my temps....they've never been this low.

by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
GwenMB
by Gwen on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:15 AM

That is weird.  Are you careful to take your temps at the same time each morning?  Is it normal for them to go into the 96.x range?  I know that low temps in the 96.x range can indicate hypothyroid, although I don't know if just one month of low temps is a concern.

I wonder if you're just going to have an annovulatory cycle & hopefully everything goes back to normal next cycle.  You won't really know if this cycle is annovulatory until you get breakthrough bleeding (af), but that might be my guess right now.

Darlah
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:16 AM

I am starting Maca today...hopefully it will regulate something...maybe rais my temps even.

Darlah
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:19 AM

Yea the mid 96 range is normal for me pre o so I wasn't concerned until the last couple of days...now they are wacky. I did just get thyroid levels checked and a bunch of other stuff....hence the stress at O Time. And the levels were "normal" but my TSH was 3.05 so maybe high for TTC.

GwenMB
by Gwen on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:21 AM

Quoting Darlah:

Yea the mid 96 range is normal for me pre o so I wasn't concerned until the last couple of days...now they are wacky. I did just get thyroid levels checked and a bunch of other stuff....hence the stress at O Time. And the levels were "normal" but my TSH was 3.05 so maybe high for TTC.

Yeah, that is high for TTC and could be the reason for your low temps.  I'd ask for a low dose of levothyroxin to see if that makes a difference.

corrinacs
by Ruby Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:43 AM

That's an interesting cycle.  Sounds like it could be anovulatory, or you are ovulating al ot later than usual :/.  Hang in there!

73angel
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:45 AM

Maybe you are just having a non ovulatory cycle due to the stress you had.

Darlah
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 12:01 PM

Ok so I know if it's delayed ovulation that when I do I then just add my LP to that to know when to expect my period but what about if it's no ovulation?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)