Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone with hypothyroidism?

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:00 AM
  • 12 Replies
I have hypothyroidism- underactive thyroid- I take 88 mcg of levothyroxine. It hasn't seemed to interfere with conceiving. I already have 2 boys ages 5 and almost 3. Just wondering if any one else has hypothyroidism?
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
GwenMB
by Gwen on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:10 AM

I also have hypothyroidism.  Did you have it before having your boys?  I just developed it after my second pregnancy.  My understanding is that if your thyroid is at its proper level through medication, that you should be able to conceive.  I haven't yet, but I've really just had a few cycles with it under control & my cycles acting like they should.

I'm currently taking 30 mg of Armour Thyroid.

Darlah
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:16 AM

Well I was just tested and my levels were in the normal range...but from what I am researching they may not be "normal" for conceiving.....Oh crap. So now I'm obsessing and won't be able to go to OB fo a month or so.

crossermom
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:29 AM

As long as your levels are in the therapeutic range now, you're fine. They may need some fine tweaking once you do conceive though. Not many people know, but one major TTC side effect of hypothyroidism is early pregnancy loss. I think you'll be just fine as long as you keep taking your meds as prescribed and getting your labs when recommended.

pianogirltiff
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:30 AM
For 2 years my husband and I had unprotected sex and never got pregnant. After being medicated for a few months I got pregnant!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
73angel
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:54 AM

BUMP!

KaitlinC87
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:14 AM

I have hypothyroidism and currently on 75mcg of synthroid. It has helped lower my TSH. Before I started the syntroid it would range in the 5-6 range but my last draw it was down to 2 something and my endocrinologist wants me at 1. I unfortunately haven't gotten pregnant yet though.

Dani1009
by Silver Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:25 AM
I have a question here...
Can you have regular cycles & have hypothyroidism? Do you ovulate regularly, etc?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pianogirltiff
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:50 AM
I always had regular cycles but didn't get pregnant until I started the levothyroxine.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MJ20102
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 1:48 PM
i have it and got it after having my daughter. now she is 20 months old and i have been trying for almost 8 months now with a miscarriage in april. I think im not ovulating every cycle and my cycles are every 21 to 35 days. Is anyone else like this? i just had my dosage increased to 112mcg so maybe that might help some in the next few cycles.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bumblebee_abby
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 2:05 PM
I've had hypo since before my ds. I stopped taking my mess after he was born for some stupid reason. When we started TTC my levels were 24. Which is extremely high. We got it in normal range bit my OB said that they were too high for too long so I had to take provera and clomid to help jump start my body again.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)