Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

10.5 week update on us :)

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:03 AM
  • 20 Replies

We had a prenatal appointment yesterday and got to hear our baby's heartbeat for the first time!! I admit I got a little teary-eyed; it was just SUCH a relief knowing s/he is okay in there :) It was swoosh-swoosh-swooshing away at 170bpm!

My partner is needing maternity clothes now, and had to invest in a new bra lol. She's getting a very slight baby bump, but enough of one to make her jeans not fit and her shirts too tight. Her nausea has let up a lot and she's managing to get through the day without a nap, which is doubly amazing since we're moving right now. New symptom though - headaches, incurable awful life-sapping headaches. The doc prescribed Tylenol with codeine, so we'll see if that helps... everyone says this and the heartrate and the implantation being on the left means we're having a girl - I would do anything to know either way! lol

Anyway, everything's going great, and I'm just counting down days until we can find out what we're having!!

by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
szimona
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:06 AM
Great news! Good luck!x
.Angelica.
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:25 AM

glad to hear things are going well. For the pants, I'd suggest getting a beband from target! I'm 19, almost 20 weeks with very much of a bump and still wearing my old pants! I wear it differently than it says on the package though and haven't had any problems.

For the headaches, I had non stop, daily headaches for FOUR weeks. I started going to the chiropractor and now I've had 1 headache in the last week and a half about. The chiropractor has been amazing. I skipped the regular doctor because I hate taking pain meds, especially while pregnant. I figured that I would skip masking the problem and try to fix it instead. so far so good.

crossermom
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:25 AM

So happy for you guys!!! Congrats and keep up the updates!

corrinacs
by Ruby Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:34 AM

Awww!  Iam so glad baby is progressing perfectly :).  Yep, sounds like a girl so far, but don't let it fool you.  My son's HB was like that, and he's def. a boy LOL.

Keep us updated!  I hope her headaches let up soon :/

truelyred2
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:36 AM
Same thing for me. I'm implanted on the right and horrible daily head aches. I will know in 2 weeks what we are having. I'll let you know
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
calebsmom08
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:40 AM

That's great news!

daymommy
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:45 AM

Awesome! So happy for you!

ReneeRummler
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:48 AM
I'm so happy for you and your partner!!!!! :D
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kt674
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:09 AM

I am so happy for you!!!

73angel
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:13 AM

That is wonderful that all is well.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)