Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

doea saliva really kill sperm????

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:57 AM
  • 9 Replies
Hello ladies I was just reading something about saliva killing sperm I know a lot of us tende to our own saliva as lube sometimes but is it bad if ur trying to conceive?? Does saliva really kill sperm??? I would like to know what ya'll ladies think also would do ya'll think of pressed??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
1stTimeMama2010
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:58 AM

Yes! I learned about that at my appt for Clomid!

73angel
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:59 AM

Yes it does. I use preseed it was recommended by my Dr.

szimona
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:01 AM
I was just researching this before your post! I would think this might be our issue! Have to fix it!:) good luck!x
Mrs.Simmons09
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:04 AM
Yes I very so think this is the issue!! Me n dh have been doing the deed since Saturday with out any saliva n I also bought preseed hopeing it would work good luck to u n everyone else!!!!

Quoting szimona:

I was just researching this before your post! I would think this might be our issue! Have to fix it!:) good luck!x

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Simmons09
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:06 AM
Thanks I ladies I had no idea tell my dh brought up that saliva killed sperm so I just had to ask
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KaitlinC87
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:12 AM

Yup when my dr precribed clomid for me he told me the do's and dont's and he couldn't reiterate enough about absolutely no saliva

truelyred2
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:13 AM

Saliva is very alkaline and will kill sperm for sure. I never liked preseed. It made sex very unhot and was goopy and oocky.

Darlah
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 12:05 PM

I have read this too and know for a fact that saliva was involved in 3 out of my 3 pregnancies. I am having trouble conceiving this time and now am worried about the saliva.....this can be so hard.

corrinacs
by Ruby Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 12:33 PM

YES!  Its aweful for sperm as well as many over the counter lubricants.

The only few you can use is PreSeed, or water.  Finding ways to increase your own CM would be better.  I have heard of ppl using eggs, but I dont' suggest it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)