Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How far are you willing to go.

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:30 AM
  • 24 Replies

How far are you willing to go to ttc? What would be okand what do you think is to much? For example is iui or ivf to much what about surrogacy?

by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Macysmomma07
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:37 AM

For us I will go as far as  an HSG test, I'm currently on clomid if nothing in the next 2 yrs then my tubes will be tied.. IUI, IVF & surrogacy is too far for us. We already have 2 if were were still TTC our 1st IUI and the other's would be a definate option.

AshleyVanNess
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:39 AM
We have three kids already so dh is terrified we would end up with multiples if we did anything with hormones
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
2_boys_1_girl
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:39 AM

For expense reasons IUI, IVF, and surrogacy is too far for me, but only because of price. I have 3 kids already I would like another one, but can't drain the bank trying to get there!

RaynesMommy07
by Gold Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:40 AM
IUI IVF surrogacy all of those is too far for us. We have 2 children, the fartherest I'd go is clomid.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bbygirl87
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:41 AM

I dont know how far I would go.. I want to think we will be able to conceive on our own within a year but I wouldn't rule out any other option

kiddo0820
by Gold Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:42 AM

I don't really know how far is too far, I'm thinking that surrogacy may be too far but I can't say because it's not to that point yet. I did a little over a year on clomid and femara and tried 1 IUI. DH and I took the summer off from all the meds and ttc stress and are just going with the flow right now and we aren't sure when we are going to start back up with the fertility treatments.

crossermom
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:46 AM

I'm suprised at the number of women against IUI... It's not that expensive and hubby's semen is inserted into the uterus via a tiny catheter. Not really that big of a deal. For women who have done multiple cycles of clomid, sometimes they can develop "hostile cervical mucus". By-passing the cervix allows a real shot at conceiving without much intervention.

Dayciavu
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:47 AM

ivf and surrogacy are too much for me. I would adopt before I did any of that. But I figure if it was meant to be then it will happen, if not oh well.

Mrs.Torres2566
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:49 AM

I would pretty much go to the ends of the earth. Maybe not surrogacy, because I dont have $100k but definately looking into IUI and IVF.

mommy2casidee
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:57 AM

If I couldnt conceive at all Id most certainly save up and have a surrogacy over adoption.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)