Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Have you been to a Dr or

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:35 AM
  • 21 Replies

Have you been to a Dr or are you ttc on your own?

by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AshleyVanNess
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:36 AM
On our own I have a 9 month old so I'm pretty sure I'd be reprimanded for ttc again
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dayciavu
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:37 AM

ttc on my own. but i may go to the dr when my husband comes home from deployment.

Bbygirl87
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:38 AM

I have seen a dr that has confirmed I am ok and shouldn't have problems.. DH hasn't been to a dr to check his sperm but I think he has low count and motility bcuz of all medications he had to take at one point (due to a back injury) he has stopped them all except for 1.. so we are trying it out on our own for 1 year and if nothing he will go to a dr..

Macysmomma07
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:39 AM

I've been to a Dr. they put me on clomid & I'm being monitored.

miraclewaits
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:40 AM

We have been to an OB, after being referred by our Nurse Practitioner.  I saw the OB after our first m/c, got pregnant on our own again, and then once I m/c the second this year, she said to TTC on our own for at least a year before coming to see her again :(  Kind of discouraging as we have been TTC since 2001 and just finally got pregnant (but, m/c both babies early).  I wish to see her again so that I can ask about going on Clomid as I wonder if it is the egg quality that is causing the m/c's?

praying4baby985
by Silver Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:49 AM

We have been to the Doc.  We miscarried several years ago whileTTC our first  and since then, he's kept a close eye.  It took 18 months to concieve our son (worth every minute!) and we are on month 12 of TTC #2.  I'm actually going for bloodwork in the am. I'd love to just take it easy and do it alone, but this is our journey so I'm embracing it :-)

butterflymama23
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:51 AM

I went to a doctor and he did nothing to help me with it. I have been trying for 3 years and I am only 24! Every year it gets a bit harder to get pregnant and he said nothing to me! Except i need to lose a little weight and then ALL my problems will be solved! 

momoftwins624
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:54 AM

I have pretty much been ttc on my own but I did go to the doctor last year before my DH got out of the army. They couldn't really tell me why I havent been able to get prego. I also went went through a few rounds of clomid. After those I havent been charting or anything just letting nature take its course.

kiddo0820
by Gold Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:58 AM

I have been to the dr. I was on Clomid for a little over a year and had one round of femara and 1 IUI. I have PCOS. We're taking a break right now because the meds and stress were taking a toll on me.

GiannasMommy06
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:59 AM

We TTC on our own for about 5 months before we decided to start talking with a doctor..DH got his count tested..It was 93 million! Then I went in and had some blood work done and some ultrasounds..everything looked perfect there as well except my FSH level was high but the doctor things it was because I was ovulating on that same day they took blood so I have to go back in on CD3 and get more bloodwork done and then I go in later next month for my HSG testing to make sure my tubes and such are not blocked..She said if we still didn't find anything after all that testing that we would talk more and I imagine she will put me on clomid..I'ts been 7 months now since DH and I started TTC..I got off the pill in December and we still aren't pregnant..:0(..It literally took one time with my daughter so I thought it would be easy this time around too but no such luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)