• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Wondering if AF was really AF

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 2:12 PM
  • 4 Replies

I got AF on Friday or so I thought, but now that I think about it it was NOT like any other period I have ever had in my life and wondering maybe if I could still be pregnant. I am definately going to buy a test today but I was wondering what u ladies thought. I spotted like a dark brownish water for a week befor "AF" showed up, which NEVER happens. I'm not a spotter. Then when "AF" came I didnt have any cramps and there was no clotting. I always have dark black clots which I have read is ur body getting rid of the egg and the uterine wall and whatever, and I always cramp the day before and first day of my period. Not this time. I normally use tampons but I developed a yeast infection so I was using pads, but literally didnt even bleed enough to fill a pad, at all. I am usually super heavy and can go thru 3-4 super plus tampons a day on my first 2-3 days, especially overnight. So either I still have a chance (yay!) or I had an extremely out of the norm AF. Also, I have veiny roadmaps all over. The veins in my arms are more pronounced, to my shoulders, all over my chest and even veins that run thru my nipples. This freaked me out a bit because I have NEVER had veins run thru my nipples. Plus, the whole last two weeks I kept getting a stomach ache over EVERYTHING I ate. I'm not anymore but who knows... Anyways, what does everyone think?

by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 2:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
leandrat
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 2:19 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
truelyred2
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 2:21 PM

I'd have your doc take blood to check. It is possible to still be pg but it is also possible that you had an incomplete mc too. I'd see them asap.

Good luck

Bbygirl87
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 2:25 PM

agree.. if everything is completely out of the norm then u should check it out..

Quoting truelyred2:

I'd have your doc take blood to check. It is possible to still be pg but it is also possible that you had an incomplete mc too. I'd see them asap.

Good luck

Mrs.Torres2566
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 2:26 PM

Yeah, im working on getting insurance, but I am totally going to my chiro in half an hour and he has an ultrasound machine so I will c what he says. I trust him more than most docs anyways and if I am preggers I will owe to him and God.

Quoting truelyred2:

Good luck

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)