Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

In Pain and scared Update

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 3:53 PM
  • 14 Replies

This afternoon my lower back started to hurt really bad and its not going away sometimes the pain goes up and down my legs i dont think it is a bladder infection because i have no other symptom with it but i am really scared it could be something worse it doesnt feel like when i had my miscarriage last year either just really bad back pain. I cant call my dr because her office is closed today so what do you ladies think?

Just got a hold of the on call nurse and she called my dr who called me back and she said as long as there is no bleeding i should be fine she wants me to just keep my feet up the rest of the night unless it gets worse i have to go to the er but i am suppose to call her in the morning to get blood work and an ultrasound just to make sure everything is ok.

by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 3:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
laurade024
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 3:56 PM

I have had pain like that for over a week now.. it comes and goes.. everywhere i have read in my baby books and online it says it is normal.. so i dunno.. good luck

szimona
Bump! Im sorry i have no idea! GL
GypsiSky
I wish I had some idea. But if the pain persists or gets worse, go to the er. Better not to take chances while pregnant. I hope everything is well for you and baby.
cs_1498
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 3:57 PM
Kidney infection or stones?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
truelyred2
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 4:00 PM

The doc should have an after hours number to call

rlw
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 4:07 PM

Quoting GypsiSky:

I wish I had some idea. But if the pain persists or gets worse, go to the er. Better not to take chances while pregnant. I hope everything is well for you and baby.

laurade024
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 4:10 PM

Quoti

When discussing low back pain and pregnancy first trimester it is important to note that nearly eight out of ten women have some form of back pain during their pregnancies. Since there is no conclusive evidence as to why this happens there are not many treatments available. Usually, a doctor will advise his pregnant patients to keep a healthy diet and avoid gaining too much weight. Of course, with most pregnancies there usually accompanies a sharp gain in weight. Once the baby is born back pain usually subsides a short time after.  Low back pain and pregnancy first trimester can also lead to herniated discs in the back which can lengthen the recovery time or cause permanent damage.

Low back pain and pregnancy first trimester appears to be a natural process. It is difficult to think of pain as something natural, but childbirth is painful and it is a natural process. Current thinking as to the onset of low back pain and pregnancy first trimester has to do with hormonal imbalances and hormonal changes within the body. If you want to find out more information on the subject, you should start by reading through some of the literature you can find on the Internet. There are a variety of sources that can give you more information on this important topic.

ng laurade024:

I have had pain like that for over a week now.. it comes and goes.. everywhere i have read in my baby books and online it says it is normal.. so i dunno.. good luck

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

momof2girls757
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 4:13 PM

BUMP!

leandrat
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 4:22 PM
This

Quoting cs_1498:

Kidney infection or stones?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mustangjenn02
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 4:43 PM

Good luck,I'm glad you called.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)