• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

muscle relaxers?

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 5:36 PM
  • 5 Replies
At my obgyn appt today he prescribed me Flexeril 10mg 3 times daily. Now I am worried as this is the same medicine I was prescribed during my miscarriage in 09.
What I was wondering is if its even safe during pregnancy? The leaflet from pharmacy doesn't say anything about it just to consult doctor about side effects vs the need for it.
Any advice is appreciated.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 5:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
leandrat
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 5:56 PM
Go to drugs.com and look it up gives pregnancy safety ratings
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
leandrat
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 5:58 PM
Flex. has been assigned to pregnancy category B by the FDA. Animal studies have failed to reveal evidence of teratogenicity. There are no controlled data in human pregnancy. Cyclobenzaprine should only be given in pregnancy when need has been clearly established.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
truelyred2
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 8:47 PM

Your doc knows you are pregnant, right? You can call the pharmacy too. I wouldn't think your doc would prescribe something that would be harmful. Why did the doc prescribe it for you?

truelyred2
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 8:50 PM

http://www.safefetus.com/ is a good site as well. It says it is okay

starbornpoet
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 8:51 AM
I'm having a great deal of pain from my pelvis that runs halfway to my knee when I move or walk. I had round ligament pain with ds and the dr said it would be higher if that was it so that's out. Especially if I've been still for a few mins its excruciating to even move so when I get up in the mornings I'm crying my eyes out in pain.
My dr says it could be a severely pulled muscle or it could be a bone issue. So he gave me the pills to try to decide which yesterday and I go back next week.
He also wants me on bed rest but I have a 1 year old and my dh is out of town for another few weeks so yeah right to that.
While I was in the Army I had 3 stress fractures and this is worse pain that that. I can pick my son up (20 pounds) no problem. Only time it hurts is when I put pressure on that leg walking or roll over in bed or going from sitting to standing or the opposite.
I'm only 24 weeks so I'm pretty concerned at this point.
Thanks a lot ladies. It just seemed strange to me.

Quoting truelyred2:

Your doc knows you are pregnant, right? You can call the pharmacy too. I wouldn't think your doc would prescribe something that would be harmful. Why did the doc prescribe it for you?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)