Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

is it possible to get a bfp on frer and not blood?

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 7:53 PM
  • 8 Replies
because i took a couple frer and there was a very very very light pink line on both. So i got my blood checked and was a bfn
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 7:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
mothie
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 8:00 PM

Sorry no : (  Blood test are the only 100 % accurate tests ..

Same thing happened to me before ..It totally sucks..

Bbygirl87

I am not sure but I have read other stories they get BNF on blood test and they are pregnant

jessecia

Yes its possible (I asked this question the other day because I got positive HPTs & BFN bloodwork back.) FRERS measure 12mui of hcg if Im correct and the bloodtest measures 25mui for it to come back positive usually,  anything less then that is considered Negative by most labs so UNLESS you have a quantitive one done that tells you exact numbers. then its possible. But the standard hcg bloodtest is qualitive and just says yes/no and FRERS hcg measurement of 12 mui is usually much more sensitive.   Im still waiting to get my quantitive one back. :( 

mstevens10
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 8:04 PM

id wait a few days and test again with a hpt then ask to get your blood re checked. 

SatyrsMom
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 8:06 PM

I had it happen 2! 2011 and HOTs still arn't perfect

leandrat
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 8:06 PM
Yes if they just drew a pregnancy test not for hcg numbers very much so still possible
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KaitlinC87
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 8:37 PM

Quoting jessecia:

Yes its possible (I asked this question the other day because I got positive HPTs & BFN bloodwork back.) FRERS measure 12mui of hcg if Im correct and the bloodtest measures 25mui for it to come back positive usually,  anything less then that is considered Negative by most labs so UNLESS you have a quantitive one done that tells you exact numbers. then its possible. But the standard hcg bloodtest is qualitive and just says yes/no and FRERS hcg measurement of 12 mui is usually much more sensitive.   Im still waiting to get my quantitive one back. :( 

She said it perfect. Ask your dr if they did a qualitative or quantitative blood draw. If they did quantitative then your numbers may still be low.

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

bellaambru90
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 8:44 PM

Did they check to see your hcg levels or was it the blood test that says positive or negative

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)