Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

IUI - what do I need to know? Help

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 8:06 PM
  • 6 Replies

after a full year of unsuccessful TTC we are moving to the next stp - IUI. I took Clomid CD2-6, 100mg/day. We are using OPK this month to determine ovulation and then IUI.

How can I prepare for it? is there anything I should do before/after. Are there any gramma recipes that can increase our chance for bfp?

Please share your ideas/knowledge/experience

by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 8:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
StephanNKristy
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 8:52 PM

I just did my first IUI in July and it didn't work. We were too early. This time I'm doing IUI September. The day before and the day after O to catch that elusive egg.

Timing is crucial. Washed sperm for IUI only lives 6 - 12 hrs.. best to do it right after you O cause the Egg only last 24 hrs...

IUI is quick... and caused slight cramps for the day after. Some women on here have spotted after but just very very little. The wait after is the worst part of it all! Wishing you the best of luck.

Damtan
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:29 PM

thank you for the heads up. I didn't know washed sperm ha such a short life spam. I better do some timing. I usually have my OPK taken with FMU, which mean I should bd that evening and have IUI the following morning. any thoughts?

jessluvBearTX
by on Aug. 27, 2011 at 12:24 PM

I am going to do IUI also  so we are praying it will work.  The schedule is very wacky.  We will be using a trigger shot.  I will be on a randomized drug not yet known.  The doctor also recommended us after IUI do have intercourse the next 2 days to help our chances.   We hope it will work.  Please let us know anything else we should know.  

Thanks

jess

Damtan
by on Aug. 28, 2011 at 4:52 PM

Hello Jess,

I had non-monitored IUI (and without Ovidrel). I used my OPK to determine my ovulation time and I came on the day when I still had ovulation pain in the morning and my temps went up. We BD the night before IUI. My hubbie's semen was washed the next morning and introduced into my uterus with small catheter. Then I had to keep my knees closed for 10min and after I could resume my regular activities.

I an 6DPO today and my temps were rasing constantly except for today. I just hope that today's deep was implantation deep. No spotting though. I am keeping my fingers crossed.

Good luck to you

Julie

StephanNKristy
by on Aug. 28, 2011 at 5:15 PM

There is a new group called IUI moms it may help.

Damtan
by on Aug. 29, 2011 at 9:50 AM

I will check this out. Thank you

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)