Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do I have PCOS or endometriosis or both?

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:03 PM
  • 9 Replies

I know ya'll aren't doctors and it's something I should ask my doctor but I was seeing if ya'll think I have PCOS or endometriosis or both? Ever since I was about 15 which has been 5 years now I get ovarian cysts almost every month,well the months that I ovulate. I'm not overweight I'm actually 3 pounds underweight for my height. I have really bad fibrocystic breasts as well right after ovulation. I have heavy periods the first 2-3 days and my periods last about 6 days. My husband and I have be TTC for 15 months with 1 chemical pregnancy. What do ya'll think?

by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Mamasomedaysoon
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:35 PM
If you get them every month I'd say it's likely to have pcos-not a doctor obviously but it makes sense.
It's tough to deal with pcos/endo(I have endo) but it could or couldn't affect your fertility. At your next annual i'd ask about it, or sooner if it's too painful.
Good luck hun, I hope or your sake, you don't have it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nucking_futs
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:43 PM

I agree with the first reply. Maybe pcos. Your symptoms don't match up much to endo. I have endo and we're not sure if I have pcos. But I have regular periods for the most part sometimes a little off and always have pain when I ovulate. So i'm not sure if I have pcos. 

StephanNKristy
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 12:00 AM

I have endo and its painful!

mstevens10
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 12:05 AM
Pcos you tend to have sporadic periods excessive hair growth acne and gain weight in the mid section. I have pco and your symptoms dont sound like it to me
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Radford
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 3:02 AM
I agree with it being PCOS i have endo and it hurts really really bad but also not a Dr. If its endo Dr will want to know if it hurts bad during periods constipation hurts when poops and whether pain in back too
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bellaambru90
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 7:08 AM
Well whenever I get these cysts and theyre happen around my period its very painful,even morphine doesnt help the pain and I get very nauseas and dry heave and cant stand up straight when im in the pain and I get diarrhea...i dont have facial hair or acne
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KaitlinC87
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 8:23 AM

I have PCOS and other than the cysts you don't have any of the symptoms (weight gain, acne, facial hair) and the fact that you ovulate on your own it doesn't sound like PCOS since most with PCOS rarely ovulate on their own. I have heard you can get cysts with endo so it sounds more like endo to me.

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

szimona
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 8:59 AM

Sorry, im no help! :( Good luck, BUMP

Diamonds62009
by Gold Member on Aug. 18, 2011 at 12:01 PM

It may be either or I have PCOS I don't have the cysts but I do have the irregular heavy periods,i dont ovulate on my own most of the time.. I would ask your dr to test you good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)