Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What can i take to get some sleep...

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 12:06 AM
  • 11 Replies

Can andyone tell me if it's ok or not to take allergy cold and flu pm to get some sleep... i am roughly 7 weeks preggo and am desperate for sleep before 2am. i was on meds for rls (restless leg syndrome) and can no longer take it. if you have any other advice on how to get to sleep or what i can take to put me out... ur imput would be greatly appreciated!!! thank you, ladies!!frustrated

by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 12:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
chey88
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 12:08 AM

Tylenol Pm? I know that tylenol is safe while pregnant. You can also ask your doctor about melatonin. it's like a herb supplement that helps you relax and go to sleep easier. I have taken both and liked both.

RyansMommie07
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 12:10 AM

benedryl is safe during pregnancy. but u may be groggy in the morning... u can take up to 50 mg (usually 2 pills) every 6 hrs if u need it

MrsParsons11
by Gold Member on Aug. 19, 2011 at 12:11 AM

well to help relaxy yourself and may help fall asleep try lavander oil. Works wonders!!

SachaN
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 12:12 AM
Tylenol pm. Benedryl. Ambien. Good luck!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shoot4thestars
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 12:31 AM

I don't know about taking any medications for sleep while pregnant.  I know some people take a benadryl. I've also heard lavendar or jasmin (i'm not sure whcih one...sorry) is supposed to help you relax also.  If you have lavendar or jasmin spray you can lightly spray it in your room, or take a lavendar bubble bath.  

azpreemiemom
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 1:14 AM
Unisom is safe as well.
treysmom9706
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 1:16 AM

Melatonin, you can get it over the counter. In the vitamin section. Its safe to use during pregnancy because its all natural.

mrs.white71809
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 7:26 AM
Melatonin,benadryl,ambien..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mlawson803
by Bronze Member on Aug. 19, 2011 at 7:58 AM
Benadryl makes RLS worse!!!! I know, been a RLS sufferer now for two years.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mlawson803
by Bronze Member on Aug. 19, 2011 at 8:00 AM
And most anything with antihistamines in it will likely increase your RLS symptoms as well.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)