Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Very embarrassing question.... To me it is

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 10:03 AM
  • 6 Replies
So a lot of you know that hubby has been told he has low sperm count, motilty, morphology. When he did his SA it was at home right after he finished showering, meaning it was done in the shower. Is there a possibility that his sperm count may not be as low as it showed because of how he did it. He told me water didn't hit it but I'm thinking maybe it did plus condensation plus heat from the shower.

I know my hubby did something so silly and if this is what caused his numbers to be so low how high could they have been?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 10:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
GwenMB
by Gwen on Aug. 19, 2011 at 10:19 AM

I don't know much about the mechanics of doing the sperm analysis (or even what the results mean) but I think you may have a good theory.

Could you call your doc & ask?  Is it possible for him to redo the test to make sure its accurate?

truelyred2
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 10:19 AM
I don't think so but its possible. Maybe call your doc. Also did you obstain for long enough? That can make a difference also. I don't know how much of a difference it would make, though
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HeatherReneeB
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 10:26 AM

If it was a hot shower, it might have affected it. Ask your doctor, he/she could tell you. :) GL!

73angel
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 10:44 AM

BUMP!

RaynesMommy07
by Gold Member on Aug. 19, 2011 at 10:46 AM

I think the heat does cause issues with that.  I would call the dr and see.  He may want him to do another one just in case.

Bbygirl87
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 11:47 AM

u should definitely call the dr and let him know how it was done and maybe he will suggest for him to come back and test again.. good luck and hoping his showered affected him :)

Oh and now u got me thinking DH showers like 5xs a day and always with hot water dunno why, but he always showers right before we BD bcuz its so hot in the valley he hates being sweaty sticky.. i wonder if that has been affecting him also.. Im gonna make sure he showers only after  and not before from now on lol..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)