Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

when to have sex for ovulation?

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 11:17 AM
  • 4 Replies

i checked online and it said since my period started on the 8/9/2011. i would ovulate the 23.  should i have sex two days before or how does that work?

also what are some good calculators online?

update: oh yea i forgot to say, i have a 28 day cycle. and now im cramping in like my abdomen area and feel sorta nauseated

by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 11:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Bbygirl87
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 11:31 AM

if you have an android phone there is an app called My Days and its calculates ur next O day, if you have an iphone theres a app as well but I cant remember the name but u can do a search.. online i see a lot of girls use fertilityfriend.com / as for your sex days its always best to start day 8-10 of ur cycle.. meaning if ur first day of ur period was 08/09 then u should start having sex on the 08/18 and have sex everyother night until 08/24/11 to 08/25/11 just to be on the safe side.. but it all depends on how long ur cycle is.. this would be for a 28 day cycle.. good luck and lots of baby dust :)

GwenMB
by Gwen on Aug. 19, 2011 at 11:31 AM

How long are your cycles normally?  If they are 28 days, assuming you will ovulate on the 23rd may be accurate.  If they are any other length, that date for ovulation may not be accurate.

If you are ovulating the 23rd, having sex the 2-3 days before is good.  You could also have sex the day of ovulation.

The WebMD ovulation calculator is good if you have regular cycles.  But charting your morning temps & CM & charting using fertilityfriend.com would be better.  Then you'll know when ovulation is pending (so you can have sex) and confirm that it happened.

lailareed
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 11:34 AM
if you have perfect 28 day cycles, you may ovulate the 23rd. I used OPKS because my cycle was iregular after having DD. I conceived my frist month using opks :)
azpreemiemom
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 11:54 AM

Do you keep track of your cervical mucous? Even though the the calendar says you will ovulate the 23, your cycle can vary a little. I would start now and at a minimum every other day for the next several days. You can also use ovulation predictor kids to pinpoint a little better.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)