Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is it possible

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 3:32 PM
  • 5 Replies

To have one good ovary and one dysfunctional ovary?  I've always wondered about one ovary dominates over they other or is it all in the pituritary?

by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 3:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
leandrat
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 4:14 PM
One would think so yes I've been pregnant 11 times one live birth and I have a Bicornet uterus and EVERY baby is in my left horn which means left ovary I've wondered this myself
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angryuterus
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 4:30 PM

I used to notice a trend of O on like day 16 and 19 alternating every other mo.  When I have O pain, it's ONLY on my right side.  I have never had left sided O pain.  I'm only on CD 15 (so I could have 5 more days to go before I am "late" for ovulation), but I have no signs of O.  I had to mark EWCM CM yesterday out of desperation.  I thought I might have seen a little so I marked it, but I think it was wishful thinking.  So, if I don't O this cycle, then I wonder if it's cause my left ovary sucks...?

Dani1009
by Silver Member on Aug. 19, 2011 at 4:50 PM
In the last 13 months, I've only felt ovulation pain on my right side once. Every other month it was the left side. Wtf? Why would that be? Is it a problem? Maybe that tube is blocked & that's why I can't get pregnant.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GwenMB
by Gwen on Aug. 19, 2011 at 5:28 PM

Yes, its possible to have just one working ovary.

Yesterday a friend told me about her sil and how she had one working ovary & one working fallopian tube but they were on opposite sides.  So they did surgery to move the working fallopian tube to the side of the functioning ovary and she was able to get pregnant.

angryuterus
by on Aug. 20, 2011 at 8:45 AM

Quoting GwenMB:

Yes, its possible to have just one working ovary.

Yesterday a friend told me about her sil and how she had one working ovary & one working fallopian tube but they were on opposite sides.  So they did surgery to move the working fallopian tube to the side of the functioning ovary and she was able to get pregnant.

That is pretty interesting.  Did she have any signs like skipped periods or did she still get a period but just not ovulate? 

My doc wont do any hormone testing on me since I have a period every month.  She says if I have a period, my hormones are working.  I think we all know that is a lie.  You can have annovulatory cycles and still get a period!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)