Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

AF is a no show??

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 5:04 PM
  • 6 Replies

ok so my last AF visit was july 11th-16th. after it ended i started having very sharp pains below my belly button anytime i wouls strain or bend over. well i just ignored them as they went away the same day. never came back so far.  so i looked on the calender to see when i would be able to BD and i got the 26th to the 30th. i have a 32 days cycle. well we BD only 1 day during that time. the 28th. i am normally on time every month and if its not to the day its about 1-2 days later. well on aug. 11th AF never showed ok no biggie maybe shes coming as i was getting minor cramps and small breakouts. but now here i am 8 days late and no sings of her coming. i have taken 3 test and got all negatives.

how long should i wait to test again. or should i just get a blood test?

by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 5:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
NoraDun
by Ruby Member on Aug. 19, 2011 at 5:09 PM

They suggest waiting 17 days after ovulation to test at all. WE just are POAS addicts and dont wait which is why most of us stay heartbroken and stressed LOL I would say your not preggo. AF is just late. UNLESS you ovulated late and caught the egg. I would test every 7-10 days until AF arrives!

*~Mother of three~*

GypsiSky
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 5:11 PM
Wait a couple more days (I you can) if not, or if it's still neg and no AF, SCHEDULE FOR A BLOOD TEST. Hope you get your BFP! BABY DUST!!!!
leandrat
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 5:12 PM
Agree

Quoting NoraDun:

They suggest waiting 17 days after ovulation to test at all. WE just are POAS and dont wait which is why most of us stay heartbroken and stressed LOL I would say your not preggo. AF is just late. UNLESS you ovulated late and caught the egg. I would test every 7-10 days until AF arrives!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
1arianna6
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 5:13 PM

i am more than likly going to test agian on monday. if another negative ill wait until at least thursday to make an app for a blood test. i was just wondering what type of time frame is best

GwenMB
by Gwen on Aug. 19, 2011 at 5:22 PM

Its possible you just ovulated late.  But if you don't get either a bfp or af by the beginning of next week, it wouldn't hurt to call your doc & request a blood test.

1arianna6
by on Aug. 22, 2011 at 11:53 AM

UPDATE::

im not pregnant :( af came 9 days late!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)