Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does this sound like an ok plan?

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 7:11 AM
  • 13 Replies

So, DH and I are going to get serious about trying for #2 next month.  My periods can be anywhere from 29-32 days.  I've never done BBT or OPK's.  My monthly calendars are contradicting and the fertile time overlaps.  And I know that they are just an estimate.  But I was thinking that we could have sex every third day of that period and then maybe a couple nights in a row of that predicted O time.  Sorry if this doesn't make any sense.  I'm just nervous and excited and hope it happens right away.  If not it will be ok, but I'm just really excited!!!!!!

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 7:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
leandrat
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 7:14 AM
Just temp and use a charting program and use Opk its very easy its my first month did it got my cross hairs and buy the cheap wondfo off line they are like 8 bucks for 80 of them
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BethRae
by Bethany on Sep. 14, 2011 at 7:16 AM
Maybe consider using a fertility monitor?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jen282
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 7:16 AM

What is the Wondfo, is that the brand?  New to this.  We didn't "try" for #1 ;)

leandrat
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 7:32 AM
Wondfo is the brand on Opk and hpt off amazon just search wondfo
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momofteejay
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 7:36 AM

my cycles are anywhere from 29 to 32 days lately and apparently I am Ovulating later than I thought so I have decided to bed every other day starting on the 21st and ending when I know I have ovulated or I get AF or a BFP which ever happens first! :.)

leandrat
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 7:38 AM
How do you know your Oing the only way to know is to chart and temp
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momofteejay
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 7:43 AM

I do chart but I don't temp. I tell by my body signs. O pains cervical mucus and cervix position. The last couple months I haven't had o pains though and my cervical mucus hasn't been as "fertile"looking as usually and I am kinda worried that I may have stopped O. I am hoping its just that I have been Oing out of the side that I don't have a tube on and that for the next couple cycles I will O outta the tube I do have.

truelyred2
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 7:47 AM
If you want to keep it simple, I'd suggest just bd every other day during this cycle. You will keep sperm count high but fresh and wouldn't miss your fertile window. Try this for 6 months see what happens. If nothing, start with opks.
Good luck
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jen282
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 7:49 AM

Ok, I think I'll search for those opk's.  I guess it's pretty easy since so many of you ladies do it.  But it seems kinda hard and stressful to me.

jen282
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 7:50 AM

I like this idea too.  ;)  less stress

Quoting truelyred2:

If you want to keep it simple, I'd suggest just bd every other day during this cycle. You will keep sperm count high but fresh and wouldn't miss your fertile window. Try this for 6 months see what happens. If nothing, start with opks.
Good luck

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)