Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Introducing

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:31 PM
  • 84 Replies

Hello, my name is Lexus. I think joing this group woukd be great for me to have this extra support. A little about me. Im 17 yrs old, im a senior in high school. Me and my fiance` have just started last month to concieve, curently im late and im going to the doctor today, but this morning i woke up and there was a little blood, so i think this was our first scare :/ ??

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Wright68
by Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:32 PM
17 and wanting to conceive?
usmcvalle
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:33 PM

Welcome, Feel free to ask away and jump in on the conversations.

nirvana78028
by Bronze Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:34 PM
Im not bashing but why in the world at 17 would you want to get preg? You say.you started last month.to.conceive....well are you trying or was it a scare? Just wanting to clear a few things up. But welcome to.the.group
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lexusstrong
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:38 PM

yes, didn't know it was an age limit on wen you can start your family...

nirvana78028
by Bronze Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:40 PM
Not an age limit. I was just saying bc I had my first a month after I turned 18 and having a baby is not a joke. I just graduated college. I just hope you know what your getting yourself into
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hurst0three
by Silver Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:43 PM

I'm not trying to be mean or rude in any way but why on earth are you wanting to get pregnant at 17? You are so young and have so many years ahead of you. Don't get me wrong I love all of my children and don't regret a thing but I was 21 before I had my first. I think I would have waited a little longer before i had kids just so I could get some schooling done. I'm now trying to get through college with my husband working all the time, my older son in school, and my 2 little ones at home with me still. I wish you luck with whatever you decide, but I really think it would be wise if you waited just a little bit longer to have kids. If anything, this group will prepare you for when you have kids and answer any questions you may have about babies, or pregnancy. These ladies are awesome and offer alot of support and will answer any questions you have. Good luck and welcome to the group!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Family BlinkiesBaby BlinkiesParentingTTC BlinkiesParentingParenting
lexusstrong
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:43 PM

being 17 makes no difference at all, im young ok ? im very well off, so there would be no struggle i am continuing my education after high school. my fiance` is joing the navy so i would prefer while he's gone i have my baby to keep me busy, and last month we started this month im late

cocoruff
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:45 PM

Your Right Lexus, There is no age limit for starting a family. Please dont feel judged or bashed. But there is so much invovled in starting a family. At 17 you can't even begin to know what you and your fiance will go through and deal with especially in the first years of marriage. Life is stressful and adding a baby is like magnifing it by 1 million. I once had a very serious bf/almost fiance for 5 years age 17-23. We had a few "scares" and I thank my lucky stars often that we didnt get tied to eachother like that, bc we were such different people by the time we ended things. I wish you all the luck in the world with your fiance and your future family, just know you have PLENTY of time to have a family. You dont have all the time to still be YOUNG and enjoy yourself!! xoxo 

cs_1498
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:45 PM
Welcome:) are you trying to get pregnant? What do you mean by this was your first scare?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cs_1498
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:48 PM
My dh is in the navy, has been for over 8 years so if you have any questions about that I can try and answer them. Do your parents know you're actively ttc?

Quoting lexusstrong:

being 17 makes no difference at all, im young ok ? im very well off, so there would be no struggle i am continuing my education after high school. my fiance` is joing the navy so i would prefer while he's gone i have my baby to keep me busy, and last month we started this month im late

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)