Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I came so close to asking.... For the ladies refusing FD How do you resist??

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:56 PM
  • 10 Replies

How do you resist just getting the fertilitty drugs??? I need a reminder of all the good reasons not to be on it LOL

I called my OB office, because #1 the prometrium they put me on had no refills (and I am supposed to take this stuff every  month or so. #2 b/c they didn't tell me how long to wait inbetween cycles. If I should make my cycles 28 days or a little longer or what.

So the nurse is reading through my chart to see if the Doc wrote down specific notes before she went and asked him. So she was like I see your trying to concieve but after blood work its been determined you aren't ovulating. I see b/c your wanting another BC wasn't an option. So Dr.Baker wants you to go on either Metformin/Clomid to help you ovulate or Prometrium to help your body get used to cycles which will also help you ovulate. She said and obviously you chose the prometrium. She said there was no other notes about usage so she was going to have to talk to him and get back to me. 

BUT at that point I came so close to just saying I tell you what tell the Doc to call me in the prescription for metformin/Clomid and we will just do it that way LOL

I didn't however and we talked a second about how just the prometrium can help me to ovulate and its definately worth a try.

So I am trying to stick to my guns, and just wait it out! But its sooooo hard, especially seeing so many others get there BFP this month!! But I have to think about what is best for my health and for my family. So I am determined not to go on fertility drugs until May if we haven't concieved!!! Oh I hope I don't buckle LOL

*~Mother of three~*

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Marah2008
by Silver Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:10 PM
If you feel like you need to try it then go with your gut. But I had a question for you. What made you think you weren't oing to see the doc?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Marah2008
by Silver Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:07 PM
Bump?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GwenMB
by Gwen on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:20 PM

The ones prescribed by your doc aren't natural & can cause side effects & potentially multiples.

I don't know how to resist.  The last time I was asked, while in my doctor's office, I said yes with hardly a thought about how I didn't want Clomid because it isn't a natural drug, I know I respond better to natural supplements & I didn't ovulate the last time I'd tried.  The lure of getting pregnant was too strong!

Maybe now I'd be able to resist because I know I do better with the natural supplements from my naturopath.  I've seen 4 or 5 good cycles in a row!  Hopefully one will result in a bfp soon.

NoraDun
by Ruby Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:35 PM

I practice NFP and I knew I wasn't ovulating. On top of never having periods!

Quoting Marah2008:

If you feel like you need to try it then go with your gut. But I had a question for you. What made you think you weren't oing to see the doc?

*~Mother of three~*

NoraDun
by Ruby Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:36 PM

Not the Prometrium??

Quoting GwenMB:

The ones prescribed by your doc aren't natural & can cause side effects & potentially multiples.

I don't know how to resist.  The last time I was asked, while in my doctor's office, I said yes with hardly a thought about how I didn't want Clomid because it isn't a natural drug, I know I respond better to natural supplements & I didn't ovulate the last time I'd tried.  The lure of getting pregnant was too strong!

Maybe now I'd be able to resist because I know I do better with the natural supplements from my naturopath.  I've seen 4 or 5 good cycles in a row!  Hopefully one will result in a bfp soon.

*~Mother of three~*

mRShENRY0527
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:38 PM
You don't want to be an octo-mom!! :)

Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fortunafelidae
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:41 PM

Pretty much it wouldn't be worth the risk to me of multiples.

NoraDun
by Ruby Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:47 PM

The multiples dont really concern me! Its the life threatning issue that can come from them that I don't like!

Quoting fortunafelidae:

Pretty much it wouldn't be worth the risk to me of multiples.

*~Mother of three~*

leandrat
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:50 PM
Me I just don't like drugs at all anyways they freak me out the side affects and such just not worth it to me I'm good ill either have it happen or I won't I don't like the idea of forcing a baby in me I'm a true believer there is a reason for everything good and bad
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NoraDun
by Ruby Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 6:07 PM

AMEN

Quoting leandrat:

Me I just don't like drugs at all anyways they freak me out the side affects and such just not worth it to me I'm good ill either have it happen or I won't I don't like the idea of forcing a baby in me I'm a true believer there is a reason for everything good and bad

*~Mother of three~*

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)