Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

grrr a lil disapointed...but it's okay

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:10 PM
  • 7 Replies

Okay so i went to a legal aide place to help me pay for my divorce from my husband, since i dont work and i get a lil help from they state i may not have to may anything except maybe court cost witch wont be that much, so the lady asked me if he has my soon to be ex has ever hit me or my kids,  i told her the truth n said yeah he has slammed me to the wall thrown pots and pans at me, my son starts to tell the lady he twistes his ears n pull him around by his arm.. and she askes if there was anything else, i told her that i did get food stamps n a lil money from the state but they took half and gave it to him becouse he has my daughter, well the money he gets is like 200 and is soppose to go for buying her clothes and stuff she needs, i kno that he hasent, n i told the lady he smokes weed n i know for a fact he spent the state money on buyin weed because his friend put him on blast n told me when i ran into him, when i go to court she asked who wants ful custody i said i do and i want them to drug test him for visitaion rights. she asked if i was pregnant now n i said yes i am  im not going to lie to the state when i wanna become a cop my self. well she said since i am pregnant  the divorce will not be finalized til the baby is born to see if its my ex's,  i told her there was no way ive been with my boyfriend for four months n were always together 24/7  so i wonder do any of you ladys know how i can prove this so im not married to the bastard til next may when the baby is born... i know they can take blood from the baby when it gets bigger but thats a risk, so s there away? its not my ex's unless i sleep drive across town lol... but really is there a way? i need help.... and please no bashing and dont be rude....

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
leandrat
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:32 PM
Cvs sampling and paying for a dna test
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
blondie04
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:38 PM

Yeah my bayfriend just went through the same thing also.. his is already done now, he knew his wifes baby was not his he was in cali with his parents n he came back shewas pregnant and the worst part was it was with the guy upstairs he moved out..

Quoting momtwentytwo:

No sorry hun you will have to wait till the baby is born. I wish there was some way to prove but there aint. I just went through a divorce and was pregnant with my son and had to wait.

usmcvalle
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:42 PM

That law is very common. They will not grant a divorce without paternity first.

leandrat
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:43 PM
Yes you can get a dna with Cvs (cronicbilla sampling) done with us and needle they can do it after 6 weeks
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
blondie04
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 4:50 PM

would that hurt me or the baby? or any side affects..

Quoting leandrat:

Yes you can get a dna with Cvs (cronicbilla sampling) done with us and needle they can do it after 6 weeks

leandrat
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 4:52 PM

yes there is a risk like a 1-2% increased chance of miscarriage I had one with DS and everything went fine cause they thought be had downs when I was 13 weeks and came back fine but they gave me the option for a DNA test for the father I said yes and was covered by insurance that way.

Its something to talk to your doctor about....as far as the risk to  YOU there is none it dont hurt at all

Quoting blondie04:

Quoting leandrat:

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
blondie04
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 4:55 PM

okay thank you....

Quoting leandrat:

yes there is a risk like a 1-2% increased chance of miscarriage I had one with DS and everything went fine cause they thought be had downs when I was 13 weeks and came back fine but they gave me the option for a DNA test for the father I said yes and was covered by insurance that way.

Its something to talk to your doctor about....as far as the risk to  YOU there is none it dont hurt at all

Quoting blondie04:

Quoting leandrat:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)