Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help! Tips on ttc

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:21 PM
  • 4 Replies
My bf and I have been trying for almost eight months now and we are starting to get discouraged. Are we doing something wrong? Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciate. Please let me know what worked for you! Anything would help at this point. Thanks :)
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
leandrat
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:29 PM
Do you use temps and charts to make sure you are Ovulating? Do you use Opk to see when you have a surge that you may be close to Oing? What methods have you tried already ? Have you seen a doctor to check blood levels or thyroid ?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ninja_mommy
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:09 PM

OPK's, preseed and take your prenatals!

Patty1229
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:50 PM
I have been checking my mucus and charting my period but that's about it. I guess I just assumed it wouldn't be this hard. Is there anything to help with getting pregnant? What is an opk?
GwenMB
by Gwen on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:55 PM

OPK is ovulation predictor kit.  Basically, you use them to see when you should be ovulating soon.

The only way to know you ovulated, though, is to chart your morning temp.  Just get a basal body temp thermometer & take your temp at the same time each morning before getting out of bed or moving at all.  When you see a temp spike, you will know you ovulated.

You want to observe your cervical mucus and/or use opks, though, so you know when ovulation should be pending (so you should have sex).  Knowing that ovulation is pending isn't enough, though, since your body can build up to ovulating but not actually ovulate.

Fertilityfriend.com and tcoyf.com are good website to use for charting online.  FF also has a good guide to get your started.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)