Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Trying for my miracle

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:00 PM
  • 6 Replies

My name is Amy. My husband and I have been married three years. We have been trying to conceive our first child together for that length of time. Up until now, it has been a no go. I was scared to go to the doctor for fear they would tell me there was no hope. Recently I did go see my doctor and she told me that my lack of ovulation was due to either a thyroid issue or PCOS. She tested me for both and it turns out that I have PCOS. She prescribed metformin. I can feel my hormones level out like they are supposed to. My period was irregular but this cycle started on time. Plus I actually am not dry vaginally. Today was my first day of my cycle and I used an opk. It was negative but temping only tells you that you already ovulated. The test was negative but I still have hope that the meds work swiftly. I have one son from a previous relationship. He is 9. I am 30 years old and my hubby is 38. When I got preggo with my son it was easy. I was with the guy for a month and found out I was pregnant

ttc

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
leandrat
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:37 PM
Welcome to the group mama look forward to getting to talk to you more I'm lee tcc almost 4 years I have a son as well... I suffer from low progestrone and a bicornet uterus I have had 10 losses most resent was my dd Sookie at 18 weeks last July 11' its a long hard road but worth it
I suggest you Opk twice a day at 12 and 5 to not miss it as Lh surge can.be very short
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cafe Kate
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 5:42 PM

Welcome to the group!

RedheadMama18
by on Sep. 16, 2011 at 1:27 AM
Welcome to the group! I got pregnant with my DD right away as well and now having trouble with #2. Good luck and baby dust!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gemnboys
by on Sep. 16, 2011 at 6:04 AM

Hi, my name is Gemma. I have PCOS and DH has a v low count so we are hoping for a miracle too! Been trying for 14months and now am having regular cycles due to reflexology. Good luck and welcome to the group :-)

corrinacs
by Ruby Member on Sep. 16, 2011 at 10:17 AM

Hey,

Welcome to the group!  I am so sorry it s taking you so long!  I really hope that you get your BFP soon and the meds start to work.  You did a good thing seeing the doctor about your issues.  Hopefuly that's the brunt of it, and you should start noticing things leveling otu soon.

If it makes you feel better. I never got a positove OPK either, even while taking CLomid :/.....but I relied more on my temps since they seemed to be a lot more accurate!

Good luck!!

bonnebell81
by on Sep. 16, 2011 at 10:52 AM

Hey hun welcome to the group and I hope you get your long awaited bfp!!! Best of luck and lots of babydust!

baby dustbaby dustbaby dust

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)