Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC for 3 yrs.

Posted by on Nov. 8, 2011 at 3:19 AM
  • 5 Replies

So been trying to conceive for 3 years. Hubby thinks he might be sterile, but has gotten me pregnant twice before, both ending in miscarraige. So to calm his nerves we are thinking about having his sperm tested. How much does it cost? We only have TennCare, and i don't think they will pay for something like that. But yeah i am really nervous, and everytime i mention it to him, he starts talking about sperm testing, which makes me think that my  last d&c might have messed something up with me. But we both want a baby super badly, but can't. Before we tried getting prego, i was on the depo shot for like 6 months, and then my periods finally became regular again about 6 months later, even though we tried during those months too.

But yeah if anybody that has payed for this tell us how much it cost, that would be awesome.

by on Nov. 8, 2011 at 3:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
AmieMarieR
by on Nov. 8, 2011 at 4:14 AM
My DH and i have been ttc for 3 years too. Dh had that test done it was a little over 100 bucks out if pocket. Hope that helps a little... (:
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hypnautica
by Jennifer on Nov. 8, 2011 at 3:15 PM

sorry to hear you are going through so much right now..i have been ttc for 5yrs and i know it is a hard journey. it wouldnt hurt getting the test done but if you have gotten pregnant before then his sperm may be ok..you may think about getting chromosome testing done to see if something is going on causing the miscarriages..my step sister had around 4 of them and she actually has an extra chromosome and it was causing her to miscarry. they had to give her some kind of shots and cant remember what they were but she was able to carry her daughter to full term..im sure the testing is expensive though but it wouldnt hurt to call and see what the charges are..both of you could be fine, it could be, saddly just one of those things that happened..good luck to you and tons of baby dust!

Lincolnsmommy
by on Nov. 8, 2011 at 8:18 PM
We have no coverage and it was a little less then 100.00 I think it as like 78.00
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bonnebell81
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:24 AM

I'm not sure about your question but wanted to to wish you the best and I hope get preggo so soon!!!

avonlady19
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:43 PM

Thank you so much, and I am so glad that it is so cheap! As I think i said earlier, I only have tenncare, and he has tenncare too, but it is going down at the beginning of december. And i dk if tenncare will even cover it, but since it is so cheap, we can afford that. But my last miscarraige, the doctor was confused on why i miscarried again, so he did a test on the embryo i think i got the word right. And he couldnt find nothing wrong with it.

Ask me about Avon today!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)