• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Any ideas...

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:42 AM
  • 7 Replies

My cycle in october was 18 days, 4 days of spotting pinkish, 1 day of flow... and now I just had 20 days 6 days of spotting, 1 day flow... what could this be ?? I never ever had any issues with my AF before...

Please help... any thoughts !!

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
MomX3ThatsMe
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:45 AM

Are you coming off hormonal birth control?

Do you have any stress going on in your life?

How long have you been TTC?

How long are your cycles usually?

Sophie1809
by Bronze Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:31 AM

Quoting MomX3ThatsMe:

Are you coming off hormonal birth control?  I've been off for about 4 years now..

Do you have any stress going on in your life? a bit but nothing I think would play with my cycle that way... i've been stress worst before..

How long have you been TTC? For 2 years. 2 miscarriages

How long are your cycles usually? 26 days...

Thanks for your help... your time...

MomX3ThatsMe
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:33 AM

Are you taking any new medications or supplements?  

Have you been sick recently?

tarakay0417
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:33 AM

BUMP!

Sophie1809
by Bronze Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:49 AM

Quoting MomX3ThatsMe:

Are you taking any new medications or supplements?  Taking the Materna but nothing else...

Have you been sick recently? nope, I haven't gotten a cold in the past 2 years...

MomX3ThatsMe
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:55 AM

Hmmm, I have no idea!  Those are unusually short periods.  Had the first one been spotting only, I was wondering if maybe you had late ovulation and the spotting was O-related, but you said you had a full day of flow.

Sometimes our cycles just do weird things for no apparent reason.  But it seems that something is definitely throwing things off.  For how long do you normally have AF?  And how heavy is your AF under normal conditions?  

Do you chart at all?  If not, I would start that so you can determine whether or not you are even ovulating with these short cycles.

Sophie1809
by Bronze Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:21 AM

Quoting MomX3ThatsMe:

Hmmm, I have no idea!  Those are unusually short periods.  Had the first one been spotting only, I was wondering if maybe you had late ovulation and the spotting was O-related, but you said you had a full day of flow.

Sometimes our cycles just do weird things for no apparent reason.  But it seems that something is definitely throwing things off.  For how long do you normally have AF?  And how heavy is your AF under normal conditions?  I normally have them for 4 days with heavy flow the first day and normal flow the next 3 days...

Do you chart at all?  If not, I would start that so you can determine whether or not you are even ovulating with these short cycles. Yes I do chart, and yes my temperature rises after O, and I have lots of pain when I ovulate so I know it's happening...

I know it's really weird cause after 16 years of having AF it's not normal now and it's always been... I'll continue charting this cycle to see what happens with my body !!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)