Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New to the group

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:09 PM
  • 6 Replies

Hey all! I'm a 33yo and my fiance and I have been TTC for about 12 months now.  I guess, if I'm going to be honest, I haven't been on any birth control for about 10 years and haven't always been overly safe about sex in regards to pregnancy (only in long-term relationships! I don't sleep around.)  and I've never had an "accident" in those 10 years.  This, and the fact that we've been TTC for about a year, makes me more than nervous. So, we are starting fertility testing when I start my next period....which is in about a week. I also have been recently told that I most likely have adenomyosis. It supposedly does not effect conceiving, but my thought is "how could it not???"  I'm anxious, both in a good and bad way, to start the testing. I want to know if anything is wrong, but at the same time I don't want to know! LOL!  Part of me dreads ever having to do fertility treatments and increasing my changes of having multiples. I'm a NICU RN so I see what happens when women carry multiples...it's scary.  Anyway, I know I've been rambling on, but I'm just a pool of thoughts and emotions at this time! Thanks for listening and I look forward to chatting with you guys.  simple smile

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
ckapps4911
by Bronze Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:23 PM

hi welcome to the group!!! i feel for ya. dont worry ull get wonderful support here. all the wonderful ladies here have listened to me ramble and second guess my self alot. its normal lol. good luck!!!

turkey714
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:28 PM

Hi I am also newish to this group and I am an oncology/hematology RN. My mom has adenomyosis, she was diagnosed about 10 years ago (she  is 47 now). I am 24 and my brother is 27. I am not sure if she has always had it or if that is something she developed over time. Her pregnancy with my brother went well with no complications but with me she had syncope and low BPs. Both of us were over 8lbs and full term. Hope this helps!

bookworm97
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:42 PM

Thanks ladies! Just knowing there's someone out there "listening" helps! 

messyjessi
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:54 PM

Welcome and good luck from one group newbie (and bookworm) to another!  :)

i0uonegalaxy7
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:56 PM

welcome and good luck!! <3

momofAAK
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:04 PM

Welcome hope the testing goes well, good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)