Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

stress/working

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:36 PM
  • 3 Replies

Good afternoon,

I am a night shift RN. Last night was a very stressful night at work and those seem to happen all too often. I am a calm person and pretty good at managing stress on the job. It just made me start to think about if we are TTC and are able to get prego, what about all that stress? I might be more than I realize. Before I was on birth control my cycles were always regular and they staying that way so far, this is only the second month we are trying. Any of you have high stress jobs and if so how did you handle it during pregnancy?

shrugging

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
bookworm97
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 4:07 PM

I, too, am a night shift RN...have been for 4 1/2 years now. I'm sorry I can't be of much help to you right now since we've been TTC for a year. But I often wonder if working straight nights in a stressful unit (as I had stated in my own thread, I'm in the NICU) has anything to do with it....not to mention being 33yo.  So I will be interested in hearing if anyone has any info on this topic too! Good luck to you dear!

1moretolove
by Silver Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 5:36 PM
I work night shift too in the ob dept!! Woot to my fellow RN'S!! I've been ttc for 22 months, with a mc in march. I've often wondered if the night shift had something to do with it. When I had my other children I was on days. Could be because of my age too. I'm 40.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
turkey714
by on Nov. 16, 2011 at 12:26 AM

(not trying to be rude here)

Well I guess noone works a high stress job or has advice for working and TTC lol. Owell GL this month!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)