Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Question about temping???

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 4:02 PM
  • 10 Replies

I am currently 15dpo and my temps have been 98.6, 98.5 the past week and i tested at 13dpo and it was BFN and this morning at 15dpo my temp went down to 98.3. Do you think that is the sign that AF is coming or can i keep hoping for that BFP. With my daughter i couldnt get a BFP till i was a little over 6 weeks and right now if i am pregnant i would only be about 4 weeks along. I am feeling more tired than usual, sore BBs, and a little crampy the past couple days. I am hoping AF will stay away and i will get that BFP.

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 4:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kristainop
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 4:14 PM

I am not sure as I dont temp, but good luck.

KaliLeanne
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 4:16 PM
What is your cover line temp?usually if it dips below that line af is on her way....
GwenMB
by Gwen on Nov. 9, 2011 at 4:23 PM

Quoting KaliLeanne:

What is your cover line temp?usually if it dips below that line af is on her way....

This.

For some women, 98.3 would indicate AF is on the way.  For others, 98.3 could be the highest temp of a cycle.

Tal27
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 4:31 PM
What's a cover line?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KaliLeanne
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:51 PM
When you put your info into an online program like fertility friend it analyzes your cycle and gives you a cover line, I believe it's an average of your pre ovulation temps but I'm not entirely sure
jrubendall123
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:51 PM

Quoting KaliLeanne:

my coverline temp is 97.6

jrubendall123
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:53 PM

Quoting GwenMB:

Quoting KaliLeanne:

This.

For some women, 98.3 would indicate AF is on the way.  For others, 98.3 could be the highest temp of a cycle.

my highes temp this cycle so far has been 98.7...im betting AFis on her way. i guess we will see what tom brings. Usually i start spotting in the morning

GwenMB
by Gwen on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:01 PM

Quoting KaliLeanne:

When you put your info into an online program like fertility friend it analyzes your cycle and gives you a cover line, I believe it's an average of your pre ovulation temps but I'm not entirely sure

The coverline is actually just a line that seperates the pre O temps from the post O temps - it shows that you have a biphasic pattern.  It usually should be .1 above the highest of the 6 days before you O.

GwenMB
by Gwen on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:03 PM

Quoting jrubendall123:

Quoting GwenMB:

Quoting KaliLeanne:

This.

my highes temp this cycle so far has been 98.7...im betting AFis on her way. i guess we will see what tom brings. Usually i start spotting in the morning

If your coverline is 97.6, then 98.3 isn't that close to it.  I don't assume a temp drop means AF is on the way unless the temp drop goes down to the coverline (or below).  You can get AF without your temp having already dropped to the coverline, but unless you are seeing other signs that AF is on the way, I wouldn't assume a temp .7 above your coverline means that.

KaliLeanne
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:39 PM
Quoting GwenMB:

Ok thanks for clearing that up :) I just know what ff tells me lmao
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)