Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

super bummed!!! :(

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 4:24 PM
  • 5 Replies

ok, my friend called me last week and asked if I wanted to have lunch with her today. I was like yeah! cuz, we allways go to this one place we both really like. Well, I go and her hubbys there and I was like I didnt know we were having hubbys too. So, I call my hubby and invite him cuz, I had told him he couldnt go lol. Anyways. we had lunch started walkin round the mall. and she blups out im pregnant and when she was due. that she just had her ultrasound. I just said what? she repeated it. I couldnt say nothing. I was fighting tears back the rest the time we were there. I couldnt even say congrats. I am so upset bout it. EVERYONE!!!! I know is prego. sept for me and Hubby and I have been tryin for years. so, my hubby text her that im upset bout it. So, basicly ummm she was avoiding me so we all just left. I was walking round fighting my tears back the whole time. I knew if I started talkin to her I'd start cryin in front of everyone. I am just bummed all I wanna do is cry. Cuz, im not getting any younger. and all my g/f's. and some there older kidos are even prego. ITS LIKE WHEN IS MY TIME??? cries. So, now I am just sitting here tryin to not cry still... :(  I knew she didnt wanna tell me. Cuz, I flat out asked her why she went to the DR's? and why it took 4 hours? she said cuz they are stupid. my first thought was shes pregnant! It just hurts. that everyone around you gets pregnant and they dont even try!!!!! and a bunch of friends on FB are prego. it just really upsets me!!!! I dont really have anyone to talk bout all this. Considering they are prego... and I dont do it to hurt them. It just hurts me and makes me feel crapy cuz I cant give my hubby a kid and we cant seem to get pregnant. IDK what to do? I dont wanna make her feel bad that shes prego. but, i feel like SHIT! she probbably just wont talk to me... for a long time or something. How do I just suck it up and get over it so we can be friends? and not let this ruin our friendship? sounds kinda dumb but we have been friends for like 8 years. I just feel left out cuz I cant seem to get prego. I have an 8 year old son. so, I know its possible. I am 31 years old. Hubby and I have been tryin for 3 years and no luck what so ever. Anyways I knew she didnt wanna tell me cuz, she knew i'd be upset bout it all... Then my hubby gets a text and its her saying that they are going home see ya later. my first thought was how come she tells him and not me??? :( so I am just sad and really bummed. I wanna crawl under a rock!!!! :(:( anyone go threw this as well? and how did u get round it?

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 4:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Bundleofjoy
by Gold Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 4:46 PM
Im so sorry :( HUGS! Im also experiencing the everyone around me being pregnant but me and i understand the feeling! While you want to be over joyed beyond the moon for them, it's gut wrenching pain with sadness. It really sucks! Weve been trying for about a year and 8 months with no luck due to i guess lack of ovulation from very irregular periods? My son will be 5 in March and want siblings so it hurts but what can you do but try. HUGS and GL to you :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bbygirl87
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 4:53 PM

I am sorry ur having so much trouble and my sister is pregnant and I was soo happy for her but yet super bummed that I didnt get my bfp! I never expressed my sadness though.. it is absolutely her time and the last thing I want is to make her feel sorry for me no matter how bummed I am.. I know my time will come.. I have never gotten pregnant and my dh and I have been not trying but not preventing for 3 yrs and actively trying since August of this yr.. but I am staying positive and keeping faith it will happen.. my sister has a bff they have been friends for 15 yrs.. she got married in June, my sister got married in July they both were ttc for a year and my sister finally got her bfp.. My sister called her happy to tell her and her bff congratulated her but hasnt called her since.. my sis is 6 months and she hasnt spoken to her bff this whole time.. the last thing she said to my sis is "Oh we are not going to get pregnant yet until we buy our house" that was soo rude.. so from an outside view if shes ur bff u need to put these feelings aside and be happy for ur friend.. I see how my sister is so butt hurt because of what her bff is doing to her and I am sure ur friend feels the same.. she must be thinking its sad u cant put ur feeling aside for a min and just be happy for her.. good luck n lots of baby dust

ckapps4911
by Bronze Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 4:55 PM
1 mom liked this

i went through the same thing a while back and im still best friends with her. she is now 29 weeks today. just give her a text and tell her your not mad but u need a bit of time. after a few days invite her over. have ur hubbys take the kid(s) out and talk. its ok to cry. she will understand. just make it clear ur not mad at her. it will make your relationship so much stronger. i had to do this the other day with my sister. she tried to hide it from me for 2 weeks. after its all out u will feel so much better. and remember and ask your self...if she takes offense then is she really a true friend?

i0uonegalaxy7
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 5:15 PM

aw, i'm so sorry! i know how you feel... i just had a mc sept 30 at 7 weeks... i would have been due may 19.... my friend who i've known for years... just found out she is pregnant... and she is due... you guessed it... May 19. Our sons are 3 weeks apart in age, so when she has this baby... it'll be the way it should have been for me. :(

XOXOXO30
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 5:22 PM

I sent her a text allready saying I was sorry. and congrats but she has not said a word back to me. :(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)