Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When do the neg signs stop?

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 4:37 PM
  • 3 Replies

My husband and I have been trying to conceive for awhile now. I just recently got off my birth control 5 months ago. We have been 100% using protection for the past 6 years, using pills and condoms 100% of the time. Crazy? Yes, yes we were. Now that it's been 5 months I just thought my system would have been shocked lol and I would get pregnant asap. Wrong.. I do have fibroid and cysts so it's been on my mind that  it will be some what of a challenge. This month I was 24 days late and man was I excited. The day after I went to the dr for a blood test I started my bleep bleep period. I mean really it had to be the day after the doctor visit. ughhhh Now my ovulation tract is all out of whack. How long will this take? Impatient!!

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 4:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
leandrat
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 4:57 PM
1 mom liked this
It can take up to a year to sort out your system after coming off bc and depending on if it was a hormone bc then it can take years to regulate

I would suggest you start by tracking your cycles,checking your cm (cervical mucous) and cp (cervical position) and use Opk to watch for Lh surge

I always highly suggest to temp and chart your whole cycle, that way you know when you ovulate (temping is the only way to know this) how long you lp is and when AF would be really due depending on when you O
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
waiting4sign
by on Nov. 15, 2011 at 12:35 PM

" it can take up to a year to sort out your system after coming off bc and depending on if it was a hormone bc then it can take years to regulate"               This made me super depressed..My birth control was super high hormone. It's hard wanting something so much but feeling like I have a never ending waiting list. I'm not sure if this makes a difference or if it's bad news but I never took my birth control a full year, I would go 2 months on 1 month off then 1/2 a month, bc I would forget and if I did take it a full month it was never on time. Hopefully it won't be years getting pregnant. Crossing fingers

messyjessi
by on Nov. 15, 2011 at 12:41 PM
1 mom liked this

I feel you!  My husband and I have been dating since high school, so naturally there was a decent sized chunk of our relationship when pregnancy would have been pretty darn awful news.  We doubled up on birth control until we were engaged, and even when we were just using one form (Nuva Ring for us) I was super, super careful to make sure I was always using it exactly right. 

I think when you spend that much effort preventing, you tend to think that the second you take out the goalie a pregnancy will happen immediately.  (I mean, otherwise, why would you have spent all that energy trying to NOT get pregnant in the first place?)  When it doesn't work out that way, it's really disappointing.

Good luck!  I hope that it happens soon for you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)