• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I guess its my turn to post on here taking a break on TTC (and its not by choice)

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 7:45 PM
  • 20 Replies

I am soo bummed right now I am on the verge of tears! Many of you know my dh had a back injury which he had 2 surgeries for.. turns out drs are saying he will need another surgery and by the way it was described its going to be a lot more instense then the first two.. I am forced to take a break because I cannot go thru this while I have a baby in the oven.. specially if I am going to have to take care of him.. it got to the point where the dr said he would go to therapy to learn how to walk again.. R u kidding me?? I am against the surgery but I cant do anything about it.. my dh got hurt really bad about 7 to 8 years ago.. He wasnt even able to walk and ended up in the wheel chair, he had his surgery and he go a lot better but I am scared of this new surgery.. I am scared it will make this worse.. I know my dh has pain 90% of the time but I dont think the surgery will help with the pain, theyre are going to fuze his disc together and put screws in there.... I am just happy my dh is able to walk again and I dont think I am strong enough to go thru another surgery.. Marriage is for better or for worse but I guess I am not as strong as I portray myself.. thanks for letting me vent girls.. and good luck to all u ladies.. I hope u get ur bfp.. I think I will still come on here and support u ladies as much as I can but I know it will be hard..

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 7:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
leandrat
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 7:49 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh honey massive hugs and prayers coming your way! I couldn't even image being him or the stress that caused you as well i don't know what i would do without Dh being well!

I hope you can get back to ttc soon! Do you have to take a break now? You could just be prego while he gets better just don't pick him up alone or anything later in pregnancy
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bbygirl87
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 7:52 PM

thanks doll.. prayers are definitely needed right now.. drs said surgery can be done as soon as by the end of this year beginning of next.. its a really hard surgery to go thru.. I know TMI but it got to the point where I had to wipe dh went he went to the bathroom because he couldnt twist his back.. I am not ready to go thru this again.. (specially when he made it clear this surgery will be a lot more intense) this will be 4 surgeries done at once..

Quoting leandrat:

Oh honey massive hugs and prayers coming your way! I couldn't even image being him or the stress that caused you as well i don't know what i would do without Dh being well!

I hope you can get back to ttc soon! Do you have to take a break now? You could just be prego while he gets better just don't pick him up alone or anything later in pregnancy

leandrat
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 7:55 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh wow your a strong wonderful wife I would do this for Dh as well and have when he was sick for 3 weeks and that about had me ready to crawl in a hole and hide I couldn't image if you need to vent or just talk I'm here !

Quoting Bbygirl87:

thanks doll.. prayers are definitely needed right now.. drs said surgery can be done as soon as by the end of this year beginning of next.. its a really hard surgery to go thru.. I know TMI but it got to the point where I had to wipe dh went he went to the bathroom because he couldnt twist his back.. I am not ready to go thru this again.. (specially when he made it clear this surgery will be a lot more intense) this will be 4 surgeries done at once..

Quoting leandrat:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
my2beauties133
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 7:57 PM
1 mom liked this

Sending lots of prayers your way. I can only imagine how you are feeling right now. I really hope your DH comes through the surgery well and has a speedy recovery. *HUGS*

messyjessi
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 7:58 PM
1 mom liked this

So sorry to hear that you've gone through so much already and have so much tough stuff on the horizon.  You are an amazing woman and an amazing wife to have stood by your husband through all of that.  Best wishes to you and your family.

Bbygirl87
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 7:59 PM

thanks love, Its definitely hard because I dont talk to my family about it because I dont want to worry them.. they love my dh but always said it was a lot for me to take in since I began dating him when i was 17.. I am 24, I knew him before his injury but when we began dating his injury had just occured to him and I accepted him that way.. its definitely been though.. he had his first surgery in 2006 and 1 month later his apendix burst and he almost died.. I was there to take care of him the whole time.. he definitely has cheated death twice and I am not prepared to go thru this again.. thank you for letting me vent hun..

Quoting leandrat:

Oh wow your a strong wonderful wife I would do this for Dh as well and have when he was sick for 3 weeks and that about had me ready to crawl in a hole and hide I couldn't image if you need to vent or just talk I'm here !

Quoting Bbygirl87:

Quoting leandrat:

Bbygirl87
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:00 PM

thank you hun.. I am secretively hoping there will be a problem with the approval of the surgery and he wont go thru it at all

Quoting my2beauties133:

Sending lots of prayers your way. I can only imagine how you are feeling right now. I really hope your DH comes through the surgery well and has a speedy recovery. *HUGS*

army_wife_mommy
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:20 PM
1 mom liked this

Hugs. I'm so sorry you're going through this right now.

Bbygirl87
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:28 PM
Thank u.. It definitely means alot to hear that right now because I feel like I am not being a good wife because I am not being supportive

Quoting messyjessi:

So sorry to hear that you've gone through so much already and have so much tough stuff on the horizon.  You are an amazing woman and an amazing wife to have stood by your husband through all of that.  Best wishes to you and your family.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bbygirl87
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:29 PM
Thank you :(

Quoting army_wife_mommy:

Hugs. I'm so sorry you're going through this right now.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)