Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

**My Clomid Journal**(MAY get GRAPHIC)!

Posted by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 3:12 AM
  • 5 Replies

Well this journal is for my future references to look back on for conceiving purposes and possible future Clomid dosages.. Started without a period because of being so irregular. REALLY praying and hoping this works for us!! Wish me luck :)

Patients Instructions for Clomid Use

1. Day 1 is the day of onset of menses. Once menses starts, call office to schedule a baseline ultrasound (must be obtained before starting medication). If menses begins on the weekend, please call Monday morning.

2. Starting on Day 3, 4 or 5, take pill (s) a day (50 mg/pill) for 5 days.* You are expected to ovulate between 5 to 10 days after stopping the last Clomid tablet(s).

3. You should have frequent intercourse (every other day) the week before and including the suspected day of ovulation, (cycle days 9-18). If you are using an LH detection kit, you should start testing your urine 3 to 4 days after the last Clomid tablet is taken (i.e.; if taking CC CD 4-8, start LH on CD 11) and continue until ovulation is indicated (test becomes positive.) or through day 18. If there is no spontaneous surge, a 10,000 IU intramuscular injection of hCG may be given if there is a >20 mm follicle.

4. It is recommended that you schedule an ultrasound and blood test for serum estradiol between 4 and 6 days after your last pill (i.e.; if taking CC CD 4-8, schedule U/S and E2 on CD 12 to 14).

4. Around day 21-25 (approximately 7-9 days after ovulation), come in for blood test for progesterone (this gives vital information regarding your ability to ovulate).

5. In many patients, progesterone (P4) supplementation for the luteal phase (after ovulation) will be given. Normally, this P4 supplementation (either 200 b.i.d. for suppositories or 50 IM/daily) begins within 3 days of ovulation. Pregnancy testing will then be checked if no menses begins by 14 to 16 days after ovulation.

* Clomid is supplied as 50 mg. tablets. The starting dose should be 50 mg. daily for 5 days, increasing to 100,150 or even 200 mg if ovulation does not occur. Some patients will require increased amounts of clomiphene and/or addition of other medications to clomiphene to induce regular ovulations.

Injection of human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG), given usually 7 to 9 days after the last clomiphene tablet, ensures follicular rupture and has the advantage that intercourse can be timed accurately. Ovulation normally occurs 24-36 hours after a 10,000 IU intramuscular injection of hCG is given. hCG is given based on use of ultrasound to assess follicular growth.

Day 1(pill one)- (Side effects)Much nausea,hot flashes,sore boobs

Day 2- (Side effects)Less almost no nausea,hot flashes better,some cramping with included lower back pain (almost like AF),sore boobs,increased CM-watery like

Day 3- (Side effects)No nausea,no hot flashes,more cramping,twitching in what feels like left ovary for an hour, sore boobs,back hurts,CM is watery creamy and quite a bit.

Day 4- (Side effects)No nausea,no hot flashes,alot more cramping(AF and ovulation like cramps in one),sore boobs,back hurts

by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 3:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
sp4love
by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 3:39 AM
I should have charted mine
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mamasomedaysoon
by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 3:51 AM
I never knew so much went into taking clomid!
GL.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bundleofjoy
by Gold Member on Nov. 18, 2011 at 3:54 AM
I just thought of it :) Lol. Did you have success with Clomid?

Quoting sp4love:

I should have charted mine
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bundleofjoy
by Gold Member on Nov. 18, 2011 at 3:55 AM
Omg! Me either! My gyno never told me these things :(

Quoting Mamasomedaysoon:

GL.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mamasomedaysoon
by on Nov. 19, 2011 at 4:27 AM
The things we do when ttc ;)

Quoting Bundleofjoy:

Omg! Me either! My gyno never told me these things :(

Quoting Mamasomedaysoon:

GL.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)