Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Wait... what just happened?! (Chart help, please!)

Posted by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 9:00 AM
  • 23 Replies

I posted last night that at 11:30PM, I got my first positive OPK.  It was negative in the mid-morning.  Negative at around 7:30PM (but getting darker).  Then at 11:30 is was a very dark, clear-as-day positive.  Fine.

Then this morning, my temperature jumped up (see chart).  Now, last month, my coverline was right around 98.0 and most of my higher temperatures were around 98.6-98.8.  

I realize my temperature has to stay high for three days before anything is confirmed.

But, I am confused about this.  My husband comes home tonight from a business trip, and I am fearful now that we have missed the egg.  Is it even possible to ovulate that soon after a positive OPK?  It was not even positive until late last night!  

If there is another significant jump in temperatures (closer to my 98.6-98.8 from last month), will this first jump or the second jump count as my thermal shift?  

Please help, charters!

"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams.  Live the life you have imagined."  -Henry David Thoreau

by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 9:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momabingham
by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 9:01 AM
Can u help me do one of these next month?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momabingham
by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 9:02 AM
I see u have a lot of help to offer ! I use paper charts kind old fashioned but if I could helpe next month it would be great
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
-JustMyOpinion-
by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 9:05 AM

Absolutely!  I love this FertilityFriend.com website.  I do know the rules for determining ovulation (which is helpful in the case that I need to override the system -- this stuff is not all set in stone).  This particular situation has me concerned, though.  :)  

But yes, let me know if I can be of any help!  

Quoting momabingham:

I see u have a lot of help to offer ! I use paper charts kind old fashioned but if I could helpe next month it would be great

"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams.  Live the life you have imagined."  -Henry David Thoreau

LArgoLAdy23
by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 9:19 AM
1 mom liked this

You're right about the 3 day thing in order to confirm. All i know is i would jump on my DH as soon as he walks in.

-JustMyOpinion-
by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 9:24 AM

Yeah, we are going to have to do that!!  :-/  I hope we are not too late.  I know this was a big temperature shift in terms of yesterday's temperature, but it seems pretty low compared to last month's high range!  I was expecting the shift to happen tomorrow or Sunday, not today!!

Quoting LArgoLAdy23:

You're right about the 3 day thing in order to confirm. All i know is i would jump on my DH as soon as he walks in.

leandrat
by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 9:29 AM

yes you can O VERY soon after a + opk if you got a + opk at 11:30 it is possible (not common) to O even up to 6 hours after a + opk but that is VERY rare you may have Oed in the middle of the night last night and your progestrone phase took over now and jumped your temp up OR you could have just been really hot,getting sick,stressed out ect....

temps can get higher due to progestrone and that is what is made when A LOT of things are going on I say if tommrrow it drops down again to just keep temping may have been a fluke and discard it after the next 3 days of temping

-JustMyOpinion-
by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 9:32 AM

My friend came over last night to hang out since my husband is gone.  We each had 2 glasses of wine (and I had a beer earlier).  I drink occasionally, and have never seen much of an effect on my temperatures.  But, I usually have 1 or 2 drinks tops when I do.  I wonder if the fact that I had 2 glasses of wine and a beer caused the rise?  Maybe?  Ugh.  Now I wish we did not do our girls night last night.  Now I am not sure if it affected my temperatures or not.

Thanks!

Quoting leandrat:

yes you can O VERY soon after a + opk if you got a + opk at 11:30 it is possible (not common) to O even up to 6 hours after a + opk but that is VERY rare you may have Oed in the middle of the night last night and your progestrone phase took over now and jumped your temp up OR you could have just been really hot,getting sick,stressed out ect....

temps can get higher due to progestrone and that is what is made when A LOT of things are going on I say if tommrrow it drops down again to just keep temping may have been a fluke and discard it after the next 3 days of temping

momabingham
by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 9:43 AM
Ok I got one now !

Quoting -JustMyOpinion-:

Absolutely!  I love this FertilityFriend.com website.  I do know the rules for determining ovulation (which is helpful in the case that I need to override the system -- this stuff is not all set in stone).  This particular situation has me concerned, though.  :)  

But yes, let me know if I can be of any help!  

Quoting momabingham:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
leandrat
by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 9:59 AM

hum I know that drinking does rise your body temp when the blood alch. levels rise but after a nights sleep I dont know if that would really affect you or not!?

Quoting -JustMyOpinion-:

My friend came over last night to hang out since my husband is gone.  We each had 2 glasses of wine (and I had a beer earlier).  I drink occasionally, and have never seen much of an effect on my temperatures.  But, I usually have 1 or 2 drinks tops when I do.  I wonder if the fact that I had 2 glasses of wine and a beer caused the rise?  Maybe?  Ugh.  Now I wish we did not do our girls night last night.  Now I am not sure if it affected my temperatures or not.

Thanks!

Quoting leandrat:

HisB0107
by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 10:22 AM

Hm, I would say it's possible ... BUT generally a positive OPK means you'll ovulate in the next 12-36 hours. So just jump your DH and have at it! :) You'll know in the next few days for sure if this is the time. GL hun!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)