Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do you react...

Posted by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 8:44 AM
  • 10 Replies
When people around you announce their pregnancies? I can't tell you how many people close to me have announced it in the last month. I pretend to be ridiculously happy for them to everyone around me, and I am happy for them, but I also can't help but feel a little jealous because I can't even ovulate and have a chance at getting pregnant. No one really gets how it feels.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 8:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 8:51 AM

I'm sorry :( *hugs* When my sil told me in april (she's due in 4 weeks), I didn't do a very good job of pretending, I went out side, called my bff who let me cry, then I went in my house and took out my bottle of parot bay mango rum, mixed it with orange juice and drank until I felt some what ok. There is no easy way to deal with it. Just know that we are here for you to vent and completely understand! 

by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 8:54 AM
I am happy for them. But behind close doors im a mess and can't stop crying
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 9:09 AM

I haven't had too many people tell me themselves. I don't know a lot of people around here. But when my sister called me and told me that she was pregnant (after just 2 weeks of having her IUD out) I pretended to be happy for her, but left that "I'm not that happy for you" feeling to it. She was STUPID for getting pregnant. This is her fourth biological child and her DH has 4 as well. So this one is their 8th kid. Their living off of the darn state and I hate it. 

Sry for the rant. An over all answer...I can usually pretend to be happy for them. But most of the time I really am actually happy for them, so it's not so much as make-believe.

by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 9:31 AM
Generally I am very happy for them. I'm not a jealous person by nature so it doesn't effect me when others get pregnant. We've been ttc #3 for 23 months, and I have had 2 losses (one this week :'(.) Sometimes new babies bother me though, but not pregnancies.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by Bronze Member on Nov. 26, 2011 at 9:47 AM
I be happy when people tell me I be like congratulations we bout to do alot of baby shopping. Later that night I be in my room sitting in the corner in the dark crying because ut seems like it will never be my turn to announce my pregnancy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by Silver Member on Nov. 26, 2011 at 9:52 AM
I'm happy for others because I know it's one of life's truly joyous moments... But sometimes I get caught up in my own feelings of disappointment that it hasn't happened for us yet and it feels like it may never happen and then I just cry a river... The other night I went through an entire box of tissues because something made me sad but I really ended up crying over no baby yet :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 10:16 AM

I feel exactly how you feel. I definitely pretend to be happy...well, I am happy so I guess you could say I pretend I'm not jealous. It does get me down, but I try to remember eventually I will be announcing, and I would hope everyone would be happy for me. HUGS mama!

by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 10:27 AM
I had a mc in sept and my baby was due may 20. My old friend just found out she's pregnant (she's one of those Weirdos who's hcg doesn't show up on preg tests lol) and she's due..... Yep, you guessed it.... May 20. It sucks and I'm sick of listening to her talk about how sick she is. That should be me too! I'm happy but bitter at the same time.
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 10:31 AM

I am happy for them and it makes me even more excited about getting pregnant again myself.  I have not been trying that long right now, though.  This is only our third cycle.  I also have 3 kids already and if our attempt to get pregnant a fourth time doesn't work out, then we are happy with three.  So for me, there is a lot less pressure and stress with TTC this time.  I think because of my circumstances, I am able to feel joy for them without having to feel jealous (at this point!)... especially since many of them are just having their first or maybe their second child (and I already have three!).

Had I been trying long term or had I been trying for several months for a first baby while everyone around me was getting pregnant, I would totally feel jealous and down about it, though.  I can't imagine how heart-breaking it has to be for some women when they find out friends/family members are pregnant (especially when it is unplanned).  :(

by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 10:38 AM
Glad I'm not alone. :) It's not that I'm not happy for them because they're all wonderful people and very deserving. I just can't wait for it to be my turn and can't help but feel somewhat self centered for the twinges of jealousy I feel. Thanks for making me feel normal! You ladies are great!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)