Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hoping for a BFP this Xmas (& itchy skin q)

Posted by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 2:24 PM
  • 13 Replies

This is mostly just to get my thoughts out and I know you ladies understand.

We've been TTC for exactly a year.  Was hoping for a BFP last Christmas, but that never happened.  Hoping for one this Christmas so we can tell our families.  I'd be about 7 weeks pregnant if it happens this cycle.  So far I'm 9 dpo and experiencing on and off cramping and my skin on my chest has been itching like crazy.  I don't have a visible rash, but I can feel tiny bumps once it starts itching.

I've read that pregnancy hormones can cause skin to itch, but I don't want to get my hopes up too much since it could also be a skin allergy or just dry skin.  :(

Any of ya'll experience (or hear of) itchy skin early in pregnancy?

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 2:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mom2be360
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 2:40 PM
Aww I think so ive been itchin to but im not for sure
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
-JustMyOpinion-
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 2:46 PM

I did not get itchy skin until late in my pregnancies.  Towards the end, my breasts increased in size so rapidly that the skin itched a lot from the stretching.  That was the only time I had it as a pregnancy-related symptom.  It could just be dry skin...

Either way, good luck to you!  I hope you see a BFP soon!!

BreatheAquaPura
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 3:01 PM

I've heard that itching can show up later in pregnancy like you had happen, but also from actual skin conditions caused by pregnancy (eep! Hoping I don't get those!).  It's just weird for me since I never get dry skin because it's so frackin' humid here in Florida.  LOL  Thanks for sharing hun. :o)

Quoting -JustMyOpinion-:

I did not get itchy skin until late in my pregnancies.  Towards the end, my breasts increased in size so rapidly that the skin itched a lot from the stretching.  That was the only time I had it as a pregnancy-related symptom.  It could just be dry skin...

Either way, good luck to you!  I hope you see a BFP soon!!

Tracyb01
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 3:25 PM

ya know whats funny, i am on cd15 and i have these itchy bumps on my upper chest too, dont know where they came from. Cant be bug bites havent been outside or been bitten.

BreatheAquaPura
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 3:30 PM

Hmm I'm not alone in this.  Could be hormones, eh?  Your ticker says you're 1 DPO.  GL!!

Quoting Tracyb01:

ya know whats funny, i am on cd15 and i have these itchy bumps on my upper chest too, dont know where they came from. Cant be bug bites havent been outside or been bitten.

Tracyb01
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 3:32 PM

yea but it may be a little off if I havent o'd yet i will in the next couple days. gl to you as well.

Sheleym5
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 3:51 PM
I had crazy itchy skin with my second pregnancy. It was my only symptom (although i didn't know thats what it was at the time). It started about a week before i got my bfp and lasted most of my first trimester. It was all over not just where skin was stretching. Good luck
mommy053008
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 3:52 PM
Yep not so much when i was preggo w my 3 yr old but def when i got preggo w my 6mth old it itched like crazy
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BreatheAquaPura
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 3:56 PM

Thanks for sharing.  This give me hope that it is an early pregnancy sign.  I'm hoping so bad that it's true.

Quoting Sheleym5:

I had crazy itchy skin with my second pregnancy. It was my only symptom (although i didn't know thats what it was at the time). It started about a week before i got my bfp and lasted most of my first trimester. It was all over not just where skin was stretching. Good luck

BreatheAquaPura
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 3:57 PM

When did you start itching (if you don't mind me asking)?  Was it before BFP or later in pregnancy?

Quoting mommy053008:

Yep not so much when i was preggo w my 3 yr old but def when i got preggo w my 6mth old it itched like crazy

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)