Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

help please !!!!

Posted by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 8:25 PM
  • 5 Replies

what can i do to get quality cervical mucas?

by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 8:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
1moretolove
by Silver Member on Nov. 26, 2011 at 8:28 PM
Might want to try preseed or mucinex
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
OkieMama4
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 8:30 PM

there was a post earlier i saw that talked about robitussin i think the title was attention ladies might be something to look at

Bundleofjoy
by Gold Member on Nov. 26, 2011 at 8:33 PM
I posted about the main active ingredient of Robitussin cough syrup :) You can google it if you'd like and more info is there. It's also found cheaper at the Dollar Tree.. GL to you!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
-JustMyOpinion-
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 8:46 PM
1 mom liked this

Guaifenesin is the drug you want!  As others said, it is found in Mucinex and Robitussion cough syrup.  When taken for a cold, it turns nasal and chest mucus into a more watery consistency so you can cough it up or blow it out.  It actually works for cervical mucus, too.  Thick, sticky cervical mucus is not fertile.  The sperm cannot travel freely through it.  They get stuck.  By taking Guaifenesin, you will actually make your cervical mucus more watery so you can create more fertile mucus.  

You can also try the Preseed product.  Most lubricant products are NOT safe for sperm.  Even ones that do not have spermicide in them (such as your run-of-the-mill KY jelly) are not good for sperm.  They can kill sperm, thus lessening your chances.  The Preseed product is proven to be sperm-safe, so it acts like fertile cervical mucus.  It is most effective when used internally so it can help the sperm travel to the cervix.  The whole idea behind that stretchy, watery, clear cervical mucus is to act like a ladder.  The sperm climb the "ladder" as a way to get to the cervix.

I hope that helps!

Laurajc06
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 8:51 PM

Thanks for the info, just what I needed :D

Quoting -JustMyOpinion-:

Guaifenesin is the drug you want!  As others said, it is found in Mucinex and Robitussion cough syrup.  When taken for a cold, it turns nasal and chest mucus into a more watery consistency so you can cough it up or blow it out.  It actually works for cervical mucus, too.  Thick, sticky cervical mucus is not fertile.  The sperm cannot travel freely through it.  They get stuck.  By taking Guaifenesin, you will actually make your cervical mucus more watery so you can create more fertile mucus.  

You can also try the Preseed product.  Most lubricant products are NOT safe for sperm.  Even ones that do not have spermicide in them (such as your run-of-the-mill KY jelly) are not good for sperm.  They can kill sperm, thus lessening your chances.  The Preseed product is proven to be sperm-safe, so it acts like fertile cervical mucus.  It is most effective when used internally so it can help the sperm travel to the cervix.  The whole idea behind that stretchy, watery, clear cervical mucus is to act like a ladder.  The sperm climb the "ladder" as a way to get to the cervix.

I hope that helps!

Lilypie Trying to Conceive 21 to 37 day cycle tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)