Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you think I have a chance?

Posted by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 10:59 PM
  • 2 Replies

Alright so this month was kinda messed up for TTC. We were only able to BD two days during my fertile period :(. So when I took a OPK on CD 10 and 11 there was a dark line but it wasn't quite positive then when I took one on CD12 Im pretty sure it was positive because the next day when I took one it was negative. We BD'd on my CD10 and 12 and that's it.

Im not sure if only twice was enough but Im scared that I didn't ovulate when the OPK's said I did because I usually track my ovulation by my CM and when I got the "positive" opk my CM didn't look fertile. But it did look fertile on CD14 and that was 2 days after we BD'd. GRRRR. I hope that it took, but being that it was only twice and Im not even sure exactly when I ovulated I don't know.

I am now 12DPO if I ovulated on CD12. I felt really nauseas a couple days ago and then yesterday my boobs were sensitive and tender.

So if it were you would you trust your CM over an OPK or OPK over CM? Do you think its possible I am pregnant if I only BD twice and it might have been 2 days before ovulation occurred?

by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 10:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Zingy0926
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 11:35 PM

I would say you still have a chance! You usually ovulate 12-36 hrs after your positive OPK and sperm can live for up to a maximum of 6 *days*. So it may not be the highest of chances, but it's one none the less. I always try to BD the days leading up to ovulation and the day or ovulation since its more important to me to have the sperm waiting on the egg than the other way around. GL to you and keep us posted!!

leandrat
by on Nov. 27, 2011 at 12:09 AM

I personally would trust my OPK over my CM cause I KNOW from temping and charting and using OPK I ALWAYS have EWCM 2 days before I O and then wet at O so for MY body its not a very good sign at all about when I am personally Oing....

They say to bd when you have the proper CM cause sperm can live in PERFECT conditions for 3-5 days without EWCM your looking at 1-2 days life span

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)