Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ok I have some questions

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 12:58 PM
  • 6 Replies
Ok so my period is pretty regular so I've been using the app on my phone to see when I ovulate. It says today is my high day or whatever.
Ok so my question is how do I use the opk and the temp checks and all that. I honestly had no idea of them before this group. With mylast child my dd, a friend told me the days according to some site that I was going to ovulate and told me to have sex those says and I did. Then I tested 3 weeks and 5 days later and was pregnant.
I thought that was what you were suppose to do.. Silly I know
Another question is how many days past O can I test?
I feel so dumb lol
Thanks ladies :)
Oh and where can I get the tests (o tests)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 12:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Devinraysmom
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 1:11 PM

Have you just started trying?  Personally, if I was  you I would just enjoy having lots of sex about every other day, and not mess with the rest of it until you find yourself not conceiving.  All the charting and testing can be stressful which isn't good for your system in the first place.  Plus, it sounds like you got pregnant pretty quick with your dd.    I've read a lot, and if you ovulate you will always ovulate 14-16 BEFORE you start.  This is fairly easy to figure out if you have a regular cycle.  The first part of your cycle is the part that varies, but once you ovulate, the other part of your cycle is always 14-16 days. 

mayg88
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 1:15 PM
True but not always some ladies have LPD and the days after ovulation aren't always 14-16 days

Quoting Devinraysmom:

Have you just started trying?  Personally, if I was  you I would just enjoy having lots of sex about every other day, and not mess with the rest of it until you find yourself not conceiving.  All the charting and testing can be stressful which isn't good for your system in the first place.  Plus, it sounds like you got pregnant pretty quick with your dd.    I've read a lot, and if you ovulate you will always ovulate 14-16 BEFORE you start.  This is fairly easy to figure out if you have a regular cycle.  The first part of your cycle is the part that varies, but once you ovulate, the other part of your cycle is always 14-16 days. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mayg88
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 1:18 PM
How long have you been TTC. An app is a good thing to keep track of your cycles but it's not always going to be correct. Most of those apps do on a perfect 28day cycle and ovulation on cd14. I agree ^^^^ temping and charting can be very stressful but it can vary from person to person. For me the temping isn't stressful its the charting of my CM and CP O and opk can be addicting.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rubymomof1
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 1:25 PM
I agree with mayg88. I just this cycle started to chart my temp and check my cm and cp, next I hope to use opks. I have gotten to know and understand my body better not stressful. Gl
momabingham
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 1:43 PM
They are all right ago I agree I didnt start temping and charting and opking til my 1 year mark ! It's very very stressful and can actually hinder u with the stress !! GL Moma
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ErinML
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 5:33 PM
Ok no charting and temping here then.
So we have sex everyday.. Sometimes twice .. Dh is a sex machine.. Will that mess with the ttc??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)