Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

FF Tidbit!

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 2:17 PM
  • 7 Replies
5 moms liked this
Progesterone makes the lining of your uterus soft and spongy so that a fertilized egg can latch onto it and implant.

If an egg was fertilized, implantation (when the embryo implants to the lining of your uterus) happens, on average, about 7 to 10 days past ovulation. It can happen as early as five days past ovulation or as late as twelve days past ovulation.

If an egg is fertilized, the corpus luteum's life will be extended by the presence of the pregnancy hormone (hcG). The corpus luteum will then continue to produce progesterone and the development of the endometrium will continue. As the pregnancy progresses, hormone production will be taken over by the placenta.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 2:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
-JustMyOpinion-
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 2:20 PM
2 moms liked this

...which is why you cannot feel pregnancy symptoms at 2DPO, for example.  ;)

aussiechic
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 2:23 PM

i wish i'd implant ealier to get the BFP earlier! I hate the wait!!! I'm 10DPO and BFN.

-JustMyOpinion-
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 2:30 PM
1 mom liked this

...but seriously, ladies... when we tell you that you are not experiencing early pregnancy symptoms at 3DPO, we are not trying to make you feel bad, nor are we trying to be Debbie Downers.  It's just that scientifically speaking, you cannot be pregnant yet.  So don't take it personally if we tell you that it is not a pregnancy symptom.  I am not tell you that you aren't experiencing symptoms.  Your hormones are shifting after ovulation.  Symptoms will occur.  I am simply saying they are not PREGNANCY symptoms that early.

Quoting -JustMyOpinion-:

mayg88
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 2:41 PM

agree Thank You

Quoting -JustMyOpinion-:

...but seriously, ladies... when we tell you that you are not experiencing early pregnancy symptoms at 3DPO, we are not trying to make you feel bad, nor are we trying to be Debbie Downers.  It's just that scientifically speaking, you cannot be pregnant yet.  So don't take it personally if we tell you that it is not a pregnancy symptom.  I am not tell you that you aren't experiencing symptoms.  Your hormones are shifting after ovulation.  Symptoms will occur.  I am simply saying they are not PREGNANCY symptoms that early.

Quoting -JustMyOpinion-:

tarakay0417
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 2:42 PM

I had a fridnd a few years ago that said she had ovulated the day before and said she knew she was preg because she was throwing up, come to find out she had the flu.

Quoting -JustMyOpinion-:

Quoting -JustMyOpinion-:

mayg88
by on Dec. 5, 2011 at 1:21 AM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ld39503
by on Dec. 5, 2011 at 1:27 AM
Just another bit of info I wish I would have known 11 months ago when I began this journey! It's amazing how little we know about our bodies.
BUMP for educating & empowering other women!! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)