Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i have been ttc for 2 1/2 years

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 2:44 PM
  • 16 Replies

me and my hubby have been ttc for 2 1/2 years. on sep 13  i had made a dr appointment because i thought i was prgnant i havent had a period in 5 months and the hpt never worked with my first. so i had the appointment and i found out i has pcos for those of u that never heard of it polycystic ovarian syndrome and it scared the crap outta me. ii dont ovualte and its gonna be hard for us to concieve:((( but were still trying. i done some research on it and i have to take pills to ovulate. i just wanted to cried when i found out. i was devistated. i have a couple of friends that have it to and they have been ttc for a while with no luck i just hope that we can still concieve im gonna be making another appointment as soon as christmas id=s over ill keep u guys posted thanks for reading.

by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 2:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nangel4u
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 2:51 PM

Hey...That happened to me before. I didnt have a period for 4 months but the doctor put my on birth control to help me ovulate. We been ttc for 3 years now and plan to see a fertility doctor soon.....baby dust :-) GL

ashley872
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 2:58 PM

yea i couldnt believe it me when they told me. i thought about asking my doctor if they thoght birth control would work just havent been able to get there yet.

tree613
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:28 PM

I have PCOS and have been trying for # 1 for 2 1/2 years....no luck :0( praying for you!

BdayBByWish
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:41 PM
I have pcos i got pregnant but m/c, dont lose hope they say pcos is one of the most perventable infertility causes, its our fault in a way the way we eat affects our hormones, you should ask for provera to induce your periods, try eatin a little better, more water and more green veggies, you can also take vitex to help regulate your hormones.. And wit pcos you do ovulate just not all the time, i usualy ovulate cd 38 or so, if i do ovulate good luck feel free to message me =)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ashley872
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:43 PM

thank u ill pray for u to hun.. its crazy i have never heard of it till the day i went and got checked and now im finding out alot of people have it. :((

Quoting tree613:

I have PCOS and have been trying for # 1 for 2 1/2 years....no luck :0( praying for you!

tree613
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:53 PM

my dr told me when i was 12 that i had all the signs but never tested me for it because i didnt have periods yet (didnt get my first one until i was 17) when i got them they were same day every month for a year...then got all jacked up for some reason so thats when i was checked and sure enough pcos

Quoting ashley872:

thank u ill pray for u to hun.. its crazy i have never heard of it till the day i went and got checked and now im finding out alot of people have it. :((

Quoting tree613:

ashley872
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:56 PM

i have been eating healthier.drinking more water and trying to loose some weight to.they had me take provera for the 10 days and i had a period for 8 days. then the month after that but i havent had another one.thank u.but i havent had a period for 2 mnths im gonna make another appointment and see what they say ill keep u posted :)

Quoting BdayBByWish:

I have pcos i got pregnant but m/c, dont lose hope they say pcos is one of the most perventable infertility causes, its our fault in a way the way we eat affects our hormones, you should ask for provera to induce your periods, try eatin a little better, more water and more green veggies, you can also take vitex to help regulate your hormones.. And wit pcos you do ovulate just not all the time, i usualy ovulate cd 38 or so, if i do ovulate good luck feel free to message me =)

ashley872
by on Dec. 4, 2011 at 12:04 AM

wow i wouldnt know what to do if i was diagnosed that young i would of frecked out.. sorry to hear that.

Quoting tree613:

my dr told me when i was 12 that i had all the signs but never tested me for it because i didnt have periods yet (didnt get my first one until i was 17) when i got them they were same day every month for a year...then got all jacked up for some reason so thats when i was checked and sure enough pcos

Quoting ashley872:

Quoting tree613:

tree613
by on Dec. 4, 2011 at 12:11 AM

i didnt really know what to think....kids werent really top priority then and i sure as heck didnt think it would make trying to have kids this difficult....if i would have known it would be this hard we would have started trying when i turned 20...(dh was my high school sweetheart)....he is a very strong man to be able to deal with me and my breakdowns...most recent was last month my friend said she is pregnant (super excited, the pregnancy isnt what got me down she has been trying for 2 years for baby number 2) her due date is my wedding anniversary....bummed me out a bit

Quoting ashley872:

wow i wouldnt know what to do if i was diagnosed that young i would of frecked out.. sorry to hear that.

Quoting tree613:

Quoting ashley872:

Quoting tree613:

ashley872
by on Dec. 4, 2011 at 12:26 AM
1 mom liked this

oh no girly:(( im sooo sorry to hear that. i have been hearing everyone is getting pregnant. everyone i know is. and its like what did i do wrong??? my dh was devistated about it to and it sucks to see these people that wont werent trying to get pregnant and dont want anymore kids they get pregnant but us that want more babies or in ur case a baby cant have nomore/any :(

Quoting tree613:

i didnt really know what to think....kids werent really top priority then and i sure as heck didnt think it would make trying to have kids this difficult....if i would have known it would be this hard we would have started trying when i turned 20...(dh was my high school sweetheart)....he is a very strong man to be able to deal with me and my breakdowns...most recent was last month my friend said she is pregnant (super excited, the pregnancy isnt what got me down she has been trying for 2 years for baby number 2) her due date is my wedding anniversary....bummed me out a bit

Quoting ashley872:

Quoting tree613:

Quoting ashley872:

Quoting tree613:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)