Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hoping my timing is good, need your opinion!

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 3:53 PM
  • 7 Replies

I am seeking some opinions on my following situation, mostly because I wish to obsess less.  My husband works out of town quite a bit, which makes ttc much more complicated for me - I feel I must do the deed at exactly the right time to make the most of it. We "took care of business first thing this morning, before I took my temp So today I am on CD 14, and my temp. was 99.1, from the low 98's of the last couple of days.  However, I took my temp. after 9:00 a.m., and was up and about since 8:00 a.m.  I usually take my temperature between 4:30 and 5:00 a.m., while still in bed.  Also, I have been having egg white cm since Thursday, and still do today.  My chart shows that  I ovulate tomorrow.  I am worried that I missed my eggie.  What do you ladies think?

I wish the best for all of you and your families!!!

by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 3:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
pastorejnh
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 4:06 PM
Well your temps are def gonna be off .after I bd my temp sky rockets ..(I take it sometimes just for fun) and even after walking around it changes ,take your temp first thing in morning before getting out of bed or before you bd or anything ..and try for the same time .
But if your due to o Tom I would do it again tonight and Tom. If you can just to be safe !!!

Good luck !!
VioletPlacebo
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 6:52 PM

I am totally with you about the schedules being complicated due to DH being out of town. I think this cycle is the first I've even come close in 6 months. Anyway... if your chart is accurate, I'd say you're definitely still in the game! Sperm usually stay around at least 24-48 hours, sometimes more than 3 days even. So if you BD this morning and you O tomorrow that's perfect!

leandrat
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 6:53 PM

if you O tommrrow then you bd today that is when your suppose to bd

truelyred2
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 7:17 PM
Your temp means nothing if you took it after moving around, having sex, etc. You MUST temp the same time before you move, speak, drink, get out of bed, etc in order for telling to work.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
truelyred2
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 7:17 PM
Also in ideal conditions sperm live for 7days.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
emily368
by on Dec. 4, 2011 at 6:26 AM

Right, that's what I thought.  I was hoping you ladies would confirm my suspicions that my high temp yesterday should be considered invalid due to the poor timing, and my activity before taking my temp.  I thank you for your input!  Wish you all the best!  Hope you have a BFP soon Mommy!

emily368
by on Dec. 4, 2011 at 6:35 AM

Thank you all for your responses!  My temp (taken accurately, on time, and before becoming active) was 98.  Perfect! 

You ladies rock!  I am grateful to have a place to discuss these issues, and to get some of this off my chest.  You all understand what we are all going through with this ttc.  This can be stressful and scarry, and I feel it is beneficial to have a safe place to calm our concerns. 

I hope everyone here is sucessful in all that we want for ourselves and our families!  Thank you all!stork

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)