Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Just found out I was pregnant...& cramping?

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 8:57 PM
  • 11 Replies

I just found out yesterday that I was pregnant. Well, I just got my BFP. I've had a feeling I was for a few weeks...but I'm at the most 6 weeks along.. & today I've had cramping..or just uncomfortable feeling in the lower part of my stomach..is it normal? & what is it?

by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 8:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
leandrat
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 8:59 PM
Yup totally normal to have af like cramps through early pregnancy some women have them the whole time
Without blood your find
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brittany12110
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 9:01 PM

Thanks. I guess now that I finally know for sure what is wrong with me... lol.. that I am feeling everything! I just found out yesterday & having cramps and everything today..

VioletPlacebo
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 9:24 PM

Absolutely normal. I had them from before I was pregnant all the way through. I also had some awful ligament pain. As long as there is no blood and they are not constant pain, you're fine. If you start feeling bad, drink some water and sit down and they should go away :)

brandiaubrey
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 9:25 PM
Totally normal. I too was having cramping and I am currently 11 weeks pregnant with twins. Congratulations and try not to stress. Happy and healthy 9 months.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brittany12110
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 9:27 PM

Thanks Violetplacebo! I have one child, but cant remember anything from my pregnancy! They come & go, but I've been moving around A LOT today..trying to decorate for Christmas.

nellyb118
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 9:28 PM
It's normal,I cramped a lot my 1st trimester with this baby and bc I had a mc before I stressed the whole time. After lots of reassurance from my dr it's just stretching
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommymary6507
by Ruby Member on Dec. 3, 2011 at 9:29 PM

can be very normal. Things start stretching out fast in pregnancy.

brittany12110
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 9:33 PM

Thanks! & jw..is it true that you start showing faster during the 2nd pregnancy? With my daughter I started showing around 4-5 months.. but I was also about 40 pounds lighter than I am now.

bonnebell81
by on Dec. 4, 2011 at 10:15 PM

Yes def normal

kylandof4
by on Dec. 4, 2011 at 10:37 PM

Yes its normal.. I had it as well. Your ligaments are stretching causing the cramping .. and if this is not your first you will experience more cramping because the ligaments are restretching .. this was all explained to me by my dr because my cramping was bad this time around. This will be my 4th pregnancy. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)