Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

can a fever effect ovulation timing?

Posted by on Dec. 17, 2011 at 9:49 AM
  • 5 Replies

My previous post got me thinking. See "bahahaha" lol. Is it possible that my fever delayed my ovulation day? I normally ovulate on CD13/14, but according to my temps, I didn't this cycle. I had my HSG on CD15, then I got a fever 2 days later for about 4 days. I then started temping again. My temps were a bit higher, so it looks like I did ovulate, obviously don't know when because of the fever temps. I've had random bouts of ewcm. Usually I get it just the once for about 4-5 days then that's it. This time I've actually got it a few times. So I have to "events" that may have delayed ovulation. My HSG, then the  infection giving me a fever after my HSG. There are mixed reports on if an HSG messes with your cycle, ie-ovulation and af's timing. As well as mixed info on a fever during projected ovulation time.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in an attractive and preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways......chocolate in one hand, wine in the other; body used up, totally worn out ....and screaming: "Woo Hoo, What A Ride!"

by on Dec. 17, 2011 at 9:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
GwenMB
by Gwen on Dec. 17, 2011 at 10:07 AM
Yes, being sick can delay ovulation. I was wondering if you may not have o'd yet when I noticed your random bouts of EWCM, a fever can obviously make it harder to tell.

In your position, I'd bd every other day if you can to try to catch an egg. It may be hard to tell if you o in a few days, unless you have a huge temp spike.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HisB0107
by Billine on Dec. 17, 2011 at 10:16 AM

Yea that's what I was thinking too. I don't know if I have it in me to BD every day, lol. AF is supposedly due on the 22nd. So if I ovulate this late, I think my AF will be late too. I just hope I odn't ovulate if I haven't already. I don't want the stress if AF being late like it was last month. 10 days late.

Quoting GwenMB:

Yes, being sick can delay ovulation. I was wondering if you may not have o'd yet when I noticed your random bouts of EWCM, a fever can obviously make it harder to tell.

In your position, I'd bd every other day if you can to try to catch an egg. It may be hard to tell if you o in a few days, unless you have a huge temp spike.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in an attractive and preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways......chocolate in one hand, wine in the other; body used up, totally worn out ....and screaming: "Woo Hoo, What A Ride!"

GwenMB
by Gwen on Dec. 17, 2011 at 11:07 AM

I definitely don't have it in me to bd every day or every other day - which is one reason why I love charting. lol  I hope you do just get AF on time, I think if you haven't O'd yet, it may be hard to tell if you do.

azpreemiemom
by on Dec. 17, 2011 at 11:27 AM

Yes, I think it can. I was sick the cycle before I got pregnant and it delayed my period by about 3 days. I think my cycle was 45 days that month since I ovulated late too (I always expected my period 14 days after I ovulated)

HisB0107
by Billine on Dec. 21, 2011 at 9:56 PM

Looking at my chart, it's pretty clear that I have ovulated...just no idea when, lol. My temps are pretty high compared to "pre-o" temps. Just don't know when the O day really is. Not worried about it this month though, we definitely didn't BD during O time. There was a good 12 days we didn't get to dtd because of the infection.

Quoting GwenMB:

I definitely don't have it in me to bd every day or every other day - which is one reason why I love charting. lol  I hope you do just get AF on time, I think if you haven't O'd yet, it may be hard to tell if you do.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)