Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

Anyone tried acupuncture for Endometriosis, especially while TTC?

Posted by   + Show Post

I am 32, actively TTC for 13 months, 1 miscarriage, 1 chemical pregnancy, four rounds of Clomid with IUI. I have battle endometriosis since I was 14 with 6 surgeries to remove it. I am trying to decide if I am willing to have surgery #7 before moving onto IVF. A friend recommended acupuncture and looking for advice from other people in a similar boat. Thanks! JP

by on Jan. 4, 2012 at 4:10 PM
Replies (11-14):
Tan733
by on Jan. 13, 2012 at 2:20 PM
By the way if u have a good acupuncturist,it won't hurt! It's so v relaxing when bing done,I often fall asleep. Reflexology does hurt a bit especially with certain points..I also have a trapped nerve in my neck from all the flippin stress! Hopefully when thats better it shouldn't hurt..I know its v powerful.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jenniep2001
by on Feb. 14, 2012 at 2:56 PM

I had my first session 5 days after a laprascopy to remove more endometriosis and I am convinced that it helped speed up my recovery process. Waiting for AF to show up right now and the PMS symptoms are minor compared to previous months. My next appointment is scheduled for the week that I should be ovulating. The thing is fasicnating to me.

Very relaxing and just like many of you have said, the relaxing benefits certainly help  keep everything else in check.

corrinacs
by on Feb. 14, 2012 at 4:23 PM

Hey,

I have tried acupunture for IF but not in relation to endo.  It really helped regulate my hormones :) :).  OF course, I was also doing injections with IUI that cycle for the first time so that could have been it as well :/

Hang in there and I hope ti does the trick :) :)

Jenniep2001
by on May. 4, 2012 at 12:31 PM

Just to update from my original post: I am currently 11 weeks pregnant! The acupuncture helped speed along my surgical recovery and got me back in the game faster than anticipated. We were giving ourselves 2 months, no drugs, just acupuncture before moving to IVF and it worked the cycle right after surgery.

I am definately convinced of the power of acupuncture from the hormone balancing to the overall relaxation and it has been a lifeline with terrible morning sickness through the first trimester.

Best of luck to all of you and continued well wishes.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN