• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Fertility meds??

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 12:33 AM
  • 7 Replies
Ok i was recently using clomid for 3 cycles now and 2 times i didn't ovulate. So i decided to see my ob for a 2 nd option are there any other fertility meds like clomid? I would appreciate yall help. Thanks
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 12:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Hildar
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 12:45 AM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Oregongirl40
by Silver Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 12:53 AM

Femara works great especially if you have PCOS or there are injectables but they are very costly. If your not ovulating I would ask your dr. about getting on metformin along with Femara. Metformin is a medication used in the treatment of diabetes it helps regulate the blood sugar which in turns helps stabilize your hormones. It's done wonders for people who have PCOS. GL

Hildar
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 1:00 AM
Yes i have pcos and clomid work fine with getting me preggo with my sin but dis time not working hopefully femara helps thanks alot girl.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hildar
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 1:00 AM
SON*
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Oregongirl40
by Silver Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 1:02 AM

Your welcome!!!

abbyt1980
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:44 AM
I'm glad I read this post - I hadn't heard that about Metformin. We've been trying for #2 for 8 months now and I've wondered if my blood sugar issues had anything to do with it (pre-diabetic after my son)...I'm going to tt my doc about that...I wonder if I get back on metformin if it can help regulate my cycles some. Thx

Quoting Oregongirl40:

Femara works great especially if you have PCOS or there are injectables but they are very costly. If your not ovulating I would ask your dr. about getting on metformin along with Femara. Metformin is a medication used in the treatment of diabetes it helps regulate the blood sugar which in turns helps stabilize your hormones. It's done wonders for people who have PCOS. GL

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rhyming05
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:24 AM

My doctor wants to put me on Clomid ... I think I ovulate on my own, but I also read that Clomid can give you cysts... not sure what Im going to do.   I hope that isnt true that Clomid can make you not ovulate. I read that it can cause late ovulation.  hmmm.. good luck

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)