Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Little girl it traumatized!!! Please read.

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 2:19 AM
  • 5 Replies

Dh and I are currently living with my mom and my little sister. My sister is 9 years old soon to be 10 in Feb. She has a little friend her age that stays the night all the time. Her staying over is never a problem. She is the sweetest little girl. Well she was over tonight, Jenny (my little sister) and her friend were playing dress up in Jenny's bedroom, and all of a sudden we hear this really loud scream, and crying. So we all come running to the bedroom. Jenny's friend had gotten a fish hook stuck in her foot. (The hook had never been used). Well all this happened at 11:30pm. We were trying to call her mom and dad, and no one was answering. So we got in my car and took her home because her parents should know whats going on. I do need to add that this hook was not coming out easily. We get there and my mom goes and knocks on the door, her dad comes to the door my mom tells him whats happened and goes and gets the little girls mom. She comes out and gets her baby girl, trying to calm her down. (She was crying, not from pain, but from fear). All the while the little girls dad comes barging out of the house screaming and cussing my mom! In front of two 9 year old girls. He was saying such hurtful untrue things. I have never heard such language. F this and F that. Your a Fing Bitch. Your an unfit parent. So on and so on. He also raised his hand to my mother. He also said his daughter wouldn't be coming over to our house anymore. Hello it was an accident...accidents happen. After we saw the way this man acted we decided Jenny wouldn't be going over there anymore. Only because we now do not trust the so called father figure in the house hold. These girls did not need to see that! They were both crying their little eyes out. And my little sister keeps crying and saying she's traumatized.

Sorry for such a long vent. Just had to talk about it. Opinions??? Did we do the right thing?

by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 2:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
jamie93
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 2:25 AM

BUMP!

jamie93
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 2:29 AM

BUMP!

XOXOXO30
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 2:36 AM

what a dick weed!!! yes I would have tried to get it out. and take them home. That would hurt I got a fish hook stuck in my finger I was probably like 11 or so years old. I couldn't get it out and I was freaking out no one was home with me. I just pulled on it!! and they don't come out. I have a scare cuz I ripped it along my finger till I hit the end of it to get it off which was bout an inch. Yes I freaked out so I can imagine she did as well. The parents should understand its an accidents happen. if he was sleeping maybe he was pissy cuz he got woken up... still no excuse but, I am super grumpy if I get woken up. I have a hard time falling sleep tho which still isn't an excuse... just saying. I hope that he can get off his high horse and realize that the friendships worth a lot to the girls and let them be friends. Just know it was an accident no one could have seen that happening... Hope your sister and her friend can still be friends!!!

My son had his first sleep over this summer and the kido got stung by a bee and the mother or father was no where to be found. didn't answer there phone. We didn't know if he was allergic. He was crying and all he wanted was his momma. I felt bad for him. I went to there home no one was there. They had said they were going to pick him up at noon and never even showed up!!!! I was soo mad cuz that's just wrong. they finally were home at like 6pm.

Don't feel bad for doing the right thing... the lil girl probably wanted her momma anyways.

wildflower1980
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 2:38 AM
Yes you did. I would have wanted to know if my daughter was injured. My dd stayed the night with cousins and got hit in the head by a ceiling fan blade while getting into the top bunk. I still let her go back a few days later to sleepover. Kids have accidents no matter how close you watch them. He completely overreacted.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jamie93
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 2:38 PM

The girl's mama was understanding it was the dad that had the problem. My mom and her mom are good friends and they have been having marital problems...now we see why.

Quoting XOXOXO30:

what a dick weed!!! yes I would have tried to get it out. and take them home. That would hurt I got a fish hook stuck in my finger I was probably like 11 or so years old. I couldn't get it out and I was freaking out no one was home with me. I just pulled on it!! and they don't come out. I have a scare cuz I ripped it along my finger till I hit the end of it to get it off which was bout an inch. Yes I freaked out so I can imagine she did as well. The parents should understand its an accidents happen. if he was sleeping maybe he was pissy cuz he got woken up... still no excuse but, I am super grumpy if I get woken up. I have a hard time falling sleep tho which still isn't an excuse... just saying. I hope that he can get off his high horse and realize that the friendships worth a lot to the girls and let them be friends. Just know it was an accident no one could have seen that happening... Hope your sister and her friend can still be friends!!!

My son had his first sleep over this summer and the kido got stung by a bee and the mother or father was no where to be found. didn't answer there phone. We didn't know if he was allergic. He was crying and all he wanted was his momma. I felt bad for him. I went to there home no one was there. They had said they were going to pick him up at noon and never even showed up!!!! I was soo mad cuz that's just wrong. they finally were home at like 6pm.

Don't feel bad for doing the right thing... the lil girl probably wanted her momma anyways.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)