Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cafe Moms, Who can I trust now?

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 3:56 AM
  • 5 Replies
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 3:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Hopefultobe87
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 5:46 AM
OMG! This made me cry...i even read it to my husband and it even made him angry. I'm so sorry your first childbirth experience was this bad. Prayers are with you, your family and baby liam :)
Utrecht
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:11 AM
I'm really sorry for your birthexperience. I hope you will be able to find a dr or a midwife with whom you can work together. I had about 5different midwives from one practise that kept switching during my pregnancy and in the end i agreed to take epidural so hospitals drs took over labour and i never seen them before in my life. It worked out well so i'm lucky with that but it wasnt what i dreamed of.
I really hope you can manage to find someone excellent!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
friend8622
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 1:30 PM

Wow!  I'm so sorry about your experience.  I have the same problem with trusting doctors, I almost died because several doctors told me while I was pregnant that these intense pains I was having were just really bad acid reflux.  The pain stopped after I had my baby for 7 months then they came back.  I went to the doctor again and was told I just had really bad flu.  I yelled at the doctor that this was not the flu, my husband yelled at her saying I looked jaundice.  Finally, she told me I needed to go to the hospital.  I had a gallstone stuck in my small intestines, an extreme case of pancreatitis, my liver was shutting down.  It was awful and very scary.  I hope that we both can find a way to trust doctors again.  Best of luck to you and again very sorry for your experience!

jmmason2
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 4:41 PM

Yeah, I hope I can learn to trust again too. It's just so hard. My experience was really unique, but its probably the hardest thing I've ever had to endure in my entire life. 

lisab930
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 7:10 PM
Oh my gosh this broke my heart. I was induced and my babys cord wrapped around his chest his heart rate was dropping on the monitor I ended up having forceps and he wasn't feeding so I couldn't breast feed either :-( they can catch sepsis from forceps and I think that's what my baby had. I now have post natal depression but I think it must of been due to the trauma I went through but my trauma wasn't as bad as yours I'm so sorry
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)